Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Rake increase... my thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, these guys just don't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really not that simple. Arbitrarily assigning them motives and convictions (or lack thereof) because it makes you feel better about what's happening doesn't help. They may have, and likely did, put an incredible amount of thought into this. Maybe they didn't. But completely dismissing their abilitiy to care or think is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the point of my statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't say anything.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is exact thought process that will have them pretty soon raking a max of $4 of $5. Will you'll choose to ignore it then too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

If their number of players/games at 6max doesn't go down after making this increase, why wouldn't they believe that they could up it again to further increase their profits.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is exact thought process that will have them pretty soon raking a max of $4 of $5. Will you'll choose to ignore it then too?

[/ QUOTE ]

The $3 rake is pretty much on par with the rest of the market (i.e. Pokerstars) right? So let's say $3 is the current market equilibrium price...if they raise it to $4 or $5 the demand would shrink as there would be a much better deal at a rival site. The problem is that Party has been giving us a relative rake bargain (in comparison to the rest of the market) and until they start charging more than the rest of the major cardrooms there's nothing to really do.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. Oh please mighty void, give me the power to ignore bad beats, i outers and other things I cannot control. (I believe in the void)

Krishan
Old 09-02-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really a point of ignoring or not. Definitely voice your concerns. Send e-mails and what-not. But really, the only defense against a rake increase is to stop playing. Eventually rake will hit a high point in which a lot of people won't be winners anymore, so they'll stop playing, and fish are going broke to fast, so now games don't exist. Somewhere before that point is a maximum, where players can still beat the game and aren't going to quit because they're still making good money, and fish are surviving long enough. I don't think that's been reached yet.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:41 PM

PStars takes the 3rd dollar at $70 instead of $60. Also, they do not take $0.50 at $50.

WiteKnite
Old 09-02-2005, 05:51 PM

I think it's worth analyzing to determine if my interests are better served on other sites.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The $3 rake is pretty much on par with the rest of the market (i.e. Pokerstars) right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm not sure about other limits, but,

Stars takes $83.93 off a 3/6 6m table every 100 hands.
Party takes $112.26.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:02 PM

A few notes/questions, mainly about stars.

1. Does anybody have an opinion about the game quality there? From reviews I've read, they always seem negative... though they are all outdated. I don't quite understand why this would be, since basically no 2+2ers play there.

2. Last I recall, Poker-Edge is still allowed at stars. I remember somebody posting an email from some guy at stars who thought it was fine, but their policy may have changed by now, I'm not sure.

3. Again, it's probably unfair for me to ask but if anybody knows/could estimate the rake difference at Party and Stars that would be great. Also add in the fact that there is no rakeback at stars. I would randomly guess it's probably close now, but I'm not sure.

4. It may be annoying, but I think the new way to go may be to sit at empty tables and leave once they fill up unless the game is particularly juicy.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:08 PM

whered you get the #s from?