View Poll Results: Ask or sneak out?
Be a good chap: get the boss's blessing 12 37.50%
Grow a pair: it's fuggada time! 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Arming Yourself

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How stupid. Doesn't he realize that once he pulls the trigger he's going to get brain all over his arm?
Old 09-09-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For general home defense you can’t go wrong with a pump action 12ga shotgun for the type of situation (natural disaster, looting, etc..) you are worried about.
Buy Deer slugs and you can cap them from 100yds away, and hiding behind a car won’t do them any good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've convinced me. Tomorrow I'm buying a tank to park in my front yard. You can never have too much killing power.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've always considered myself anti-gun. My assumption has always been that the utility of having a gun in my home is outweighed by the likelihood that a criminal steals my gun and shoots me or someone else with it, or a child gets their hands on it, or something else bad happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

You’ve been brainwashed by the liberal biased media/handgun control inc.

The whole idea of having the gun is for you to be holding it with the business end pointed toward the two-legged paroled [censored] threatening you. Only way they get your gun is after you’ve emptied it into them.

The whole problem with the anti-gun philosophy is that it assumes everyone is reasonable, and there is no ‘need’ for guns for self-preservation. One look at the events in/around NO should convince you that this is fantasy.

I got a piece of news for you:

There are a lot of individuals this world would be better off without, and when society breaks down, even temporarily as demonstrated in NO, they come out in force. You can either choose to ‘reason’ with them while they destroy your property beat you to a pulp, and gang rape/sodomize your wife and kids - or convince them that yours might not be the best house to visit. Better yet, shoot the bastards so they don’t go harm anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding

My belief is gun controlis advocated by the government (=lazy slobs that pimp for Big Business) to prevent revolts. What happens after the citizens are disarmed? Google nazi germany...

Guns don't kill. Lazy ghetto slobs and drug addicts do.

Kill them before they kill you.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:39 PM

Ahh, you're from Socal. That explains the comment in the other thread. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I own two guns. a CZ40P (.40S&W) and a Springfield XD9 Subcompact (9mm). I keep the CZ locked up (which I plan to sell soon), and the XD is kept holstered and unloaded in a place that is very quickly accessible to me.

I don't keep the XD locked in a case or with a trigger lock on simply because it's a defensive weapon. If someone comes into my house, there's a very good chance that I won't have time to mess around with a gun safe or a trigger lock. It needs to be ready to fire as quickly as possible*.

* Some may pick up on the fact that keeping a gun unloaded does not make it ready to fire as quickly as possible. I explained this in an earlier thread. My roommate is from the Bay area, and seems to think that guns are evil things that will go off and kill everyone if you so much as breathe on them.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 10mm Colt sidearm might not be an ideal long-distance weapon, and it's certainly no sniper's rifle, but it has the advantages of low weight and quicker target acquisition. You can reliably engage aggressors at ranges of 30 meters and more. Use a two-handed grip and brace the barrel against a tree, or use your dive tanks and rebreather as an improvised bench rest. Don't worry about "stopping power": One of those 10mm slugs opens up to about 70 caliber when it hits, leaving an exit wound you could toss a cat through, and bringing so much energy to a target that a hit in the extremities is often enough to drop Ivan in his tracks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also good for killing family members accidentally. Go read the statistics people.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]
More children die of drowning each year ( in swimming pools, buckets, bath tubs, etc.) than gunshot wounds. Go read the statistics.

As for caliber, I suggest something common like .45ACP or 9mm in case you ever have to scavenge for more ammo. Or a 12ga. shotgun.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also good for protecting family members. Go read the second amendment people.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP you commie bastard. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You've convinced me. Tomorrow I'm buying a tank to park in my front yard. You can never have too much killing power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. Cept I'd drive it to work. So when some joker cuts me off or tries to merge I can do a leaner on the cannon and blow his ass up. Teach em one at a time I say.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ding ding ding

My belief is gun controlis advocated by the government (=lazy slobs that pimp for Big Business) to prevent revolts. What happens after the citizens are disarmed? Google nazi germany...

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldn't agree more. Left wing liberals that are so anti-guns and have their rallies are absolute morons. The entire point of the second amendment is to prevent tyranny...and with situations like Katrina, it's becoming more and more evident by the day that the founding fathers knew what the hell they were talking about.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More children die of drowning each year ( in swimming pools, buckets, bath tubs, etc.) than gunshot wounds. Go read the statistics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Children come in contact with water a lot more often than they do with firearms, so this isn't an apt comparison.

The gun nuts have as many kooky statistics to back up their belief in the safety of guns, as the anti-gun nuts have in trying to prove that guns are dangerous.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:54 PM

Yeah if NO has taught us anything, it is that government can't protect us. You must take responsibility for your family's safety. If you're not an idiot and can handle the responsibility, you should own a gun.