Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: 2+2 game

[ QUOTE ]
You're right, I got confused between two different hands. The 22 hand was the one where you called a pot raise on the flop, obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is one of those cases where we both make a reasonable amount of money on that flop though, seeing as how you're clearly a favorite over my hand range at the time, but I'm probably about a coinflip to yours at that point, getting 2:1.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:50 PM

just use your initial strat to double up then change up when stacks are deep and you'll be owning up. I still have trouble adjusting to your initial lagness when shortstacked as calling a reraise preflop thats more than 1/8 your stack sucks and I might be pretty much forced to push the flop with nothing.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're right, I got confused between two different hands. The 22 hand was the one where you called a pot raise on the flop, obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is one of those cases where we both make a reasonable amount of money on that flop though, seeing as how you're clearly a favorite over my hand range at the time, but I'm probably about a coinflip to yours at that point, getting 2:1.

[/ QUOTE ]
You think this is true, but it really isn't, I don't think. First of all, you're not even ahead of a random hand on this flop, you're a 55/45 dog. Second of all, I'm not making a pot raise here with a random hand. I'm either raising a pair or a draw. And against that range you are a pretty big dog with a very slim chance of improving and no chance of knowing where you are or of getting me to slow down. What was your plan for the hand?
Old 08-31-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're right. I think by trying to put others in marginal situations, I am almost definitionally going to be putting myself in marginal situations, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. the correct answer is you jinxed yourself by saying how you'd tripled your $250 Party roll playing nothing but 2+2 games. It was all downhill after that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Jinxing yourself: Clearly -EV.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get those statistics and numbers to appear on the board while you are playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Playerview, which used to be free but now costs $20. It only handles the display end of the business; you still need Pokertracker to collect the raw data.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're right. I think by trying to put others in marginal situations, I am almost definitionally going to be putting myself in marginal situations, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. the correct answer is you jinxed yourself by saying how you'd tripled your $250 Party roll playing nothing but 2+2 games. It was all downhill after that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Jinxing yourself: Clearly -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is a good point. I definitely had some other great posts on here about how my 130PTBB/100 winrate was sustainable at those games, too. So I guess I had it coming. And I suck at poker. But thanks to the awesome people on this board who really kicked my ass when I posted those three horrendous hands at the hight of my sucking, I have managed to reverse my entire brutal downswing from a few weeks ago. Thanks guys! (Even if you all suckout like champs against me.)
Old 08-31-2005, 03:39 PM

I think you raise here with NPND at least a reasonable amount of the time. Also, I can win the hand without going to showdown pretty often if you are on a draw, because I'm lead/3-betting all in on any non-spade low card or board pairing card. If you just call my turn bet, I'm probably done with the hand.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:44 PM

Fair enough. But there is no way I'm raising the turn with a hand that can't call a 3-bet if you SNG me. More likely I'd just fold, unless I actually had a hand. That's why these games are tough. Anyways: ni han, sir.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. But there is no way I'm raising the turn with a hand that can't call a 3-bet if you SNG me. More likely I'd just fold, unless I actually had a hand. That's why these games are tough. Anyways: ni han, sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the point. You're not raising there with a made, but vulnerable hand, but you might raise a draw (will probably just fold) and will of course raise with your good hands. No way for me to know what % of the time you have what, but that's life.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the point. You're not raising there with a made, but vulnerable hand, but you might raise a draw (will probably just fold) and will of course raise with your good hands. No way for me to know what % of the time you have what, but that's life.

[/ QUOTE ]
From this post, I don't understand why your plan was to bet/3-bet the turn. I don't think that's a good plan. I think bet/fold is a much better plan.