Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: A Hand Vs TheBrownEyes

I don't have a running buddylist, but I do love to sit to this guy's left. In fact, I do it whenever possible.

Adam
Old 09-01-2005, 02:05 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't dump him from your buddies list either. He is terrible both preflop VPIP42 (limps with J7s MP first in) and postflop.

He doesn't get enough out of his good hands because he is so passive with reasonable but not great hands and he pays off with his marginal hands. Lots of strange flop calls, gutshots in small pots etc.

I'm very surprised Schneids think he is a big winner long term. I see nothing special about his play, except maybe that with his style he benefits from lags, which is something not all tags do.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm very surprised Schneids think he is a big winner long term.

[/ QUOTE ]
Schneid's post
Old 09-01-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Schneid's post

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so he has some numbers to back it up apparently. Still very surprising considering how TheBrownEyes plays. I would have thought he was a losing player. The only thing that has caught me off guard so far is that he CR trips on the flop already, most passives wait till the turn. He did that twice before I learned my lesson. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful reading my statements, I offered no real opinion about his actual ability... Was just simply stating I knew it's a fact he has won considerably in the game.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still very surprising considering how TheBrownEyes plays. I would have thought he was a losing player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me, too. Threads like this and the DERB one make me wonder if we aren't too dogmatic about some things here. Styles other than the protoypical 2+2 25/15/2 can be profitable, and sometimes I don't give certain opponents enough credit when I judge only from PT stats.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still very surprising considering how TheBrownEyes plays. I would have thought he was a losing player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me, too. Threads like this and the DERB one make me wonder if we aren't too dogmatic about some things here. Styles other than the protoypical 2+2 25/15/2 can be profitable, and sometimes I don't give certain opponents enough credit when I judge only from PT stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be true. For instance, Erik123, who is regarded as one of the best internet players on the planet, has done stuff like limp Q5s utg or cold call a raise from the button with 64s...Both plays that would be chastized here and by a large majority of good to excellent players.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:56 AM

He was at 2 of my tables for about 3 hours today. (He must have good table selection, I spent about 15 minutes just finding the right tables for me).

We didn't have any major run-ins. He usually folded the flop when I bet after iso-raising him, and when he raised on the turn it was pretty obvious what he had. (this is obviously from a really small sample and im sure he is way better than me) I see how he is making money though. He limps a bunch of suited cards in any position and just feeds off fish mistakes.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I wouldn't dump him from your buddies list either.

[/ QUOTE ]

If u have this guy on your buddylist u will have to add 65% of all players. Also, he plays so many hands that he often gets in the way when u try to isolate - or want to play headsup with - bad players.

I think he is a small winner in terms of BB and a big winner in terms of rakeback.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(this is obviously from a really small sample and im sure he is way better than me)

[/ QUOTE ]
You are mistaken.