Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: LAG HAND FOR MATT FLYNN

I wrote reraise. You can't reraise an unraised pot.

There are lots of good reasons not to reraise bad hands out of position. One is that your opponent can just call and then you have to either bet and pray or give up and lose to any hand that will bet when you check.

So if I do reraise in the blinds I reraise a large amount relative to my opponent's stack. Which you didnt really do.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:51 AM

I thought it was entertaining, but am curious if he actually had JT, and if so did he go on monkey tilt afterwards?
Old 08-27-2005, 01:03 AM

Default RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was entertaining, but am curious if he actually had JT, and if so did he go on monkey tilt afterwards?

[/ QUOTE ]i pushed all my chips in, ad he immediately flipped over.. QJo and shrugged. i opened my hand, pointed to the five, and apologized for the bad beat on the end.
BTW/ he did go absolutely nuts after this hand, playing extremely fast, but a huge rush of flops (open trips several times) actually had him win a bunch of huge pots...
Old 08-27-2005, 04:03 AM

why do otherwise smart people not get the concept of the word LAG. no offense, but these "look im a bigbad lag" posts really suck and have pretty much nothing to offer.

how about we keep in spirit with the damn original post and wait for flynn diablo cero and perhaps even limon to come in here and post as requested rather than throwing up a bunch of i played a crappy hand and made a -EV call with it that happened to be right.

fim
Old 08-27-2005, 05:40 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

you crazy....but i like it