Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: It\'s a Cold World, Baby Girl...

A 3-way split would make the most sense in my opinion, if a split was needed. Up to 2/4 plays much different than 3/6 and 5/10 and those play (I'm assuming here) much different than 10/20 and up. However, I don't think that 3 separate forums are needed.

I think that there shouldn't be any separation because what will happen is that both the baords will behave exactly the same way. The regular 3/6 and 5/10 posters will still answer the 10/20's guestions, and this will be GOOD not bad. The 10/20 players will still answer the lower limit questions. Look at the full ring's different sections and how the higher limit players still answer low limit questions.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:46 PM

The problem is that the 3/6 players shouldnt be in the same forum as the 10/20 players.

There should be a place for the different levels like micro small stakes and midhigh.

You dont have a 50c/$1 player in Midhigh giving 100/200 players advice.

3/6 is not 10/20 the games are totally different when you get there you will see. The 3/6 player really does not know jack because he doesnt know the average player 10/20 player.

The same goes the other way but usually the higher player will know how the lower games are so he/she knows the difference. However his/her advice might be wrong if he is thinking about how a typical 10/20 game might be.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a ridiculous criticism. People improve by participating in interesting hands regardless of limit. This in no way clutters the forum because these posts are already there, it just increases replies and even can force a higher limit player to explain a situation that causes them to learn more about their game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Disagreed. I've gotten replies that make very little sense and are not well thought out from people who don't care much to hear and understand your POV. There are plenty of players that play lower stakes than I do whose thoughts are well constructed and I greatly appreciate- that is not what I am referring to. Whether this "clutters" up the forum or not, it annoys me so I apologize if thats wrong.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:57 PM

I completely agree with this and think it would benefit all players who post and read this forum. Hands will receive more attention if there are less of them posted and it is easier to access the ones that would be of interest to you. More interesting discussions will ensue.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is too much traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I have stopped posting almost completely because of this.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:28 PM

I'm not disagreeing with a split, I think it's a good idea. I just don't think saying "3/6 players shouldn't be posting in response to 10/20 hands" is correct. It can be a valuable learning experience.

People as described -- 3/6 players who post thinking they know all and refuse to consider the possibility they're wrong -- are morons and are going to be a problem wherever they post.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:25 PM

For the record, I wasn't trying to single out smaller stakes players... just unecessary whining in general. Surprised this thread got much response at all and it's interesting that this turned in to a split Hush thread, but that's fine too.

I'd personally like to see a split at 10/20 myself. I think it would benefit everyone. Would like to see it soon.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:59 PM

Yeah, is this actually happening? Or are we just debating about whether it'll be beneficial yet again? I too have given up my excessive posting habits because there's just too much clutter here nowadays.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:01 AM

We march at dawn...
Old 08-25-2005, 12:16 AM

3/6 players shouldnt be responding to 10/20 hands thats just how it is.

It is too large a jump in skill. The 3/6 player even if he or she is winning large amounts offers nothing new because they do not know how the games are played.

It is not like lower limit ring games where the games are all passive and just get tighter as you move up. 6max games become much more aggressive preflop and postflop and take considerable adjustment.

This does not mean that they shouldnt be reading the posts although they should be reading more 3/6 and 5/10 hands.

Higher limit players will still respond to lower limit posts so its not like you are going to miss out.

Its just unfortunate that with so much clutter many experienced players have given up.

Most good threads last 3 hours until they dissapear into the abyss of random hand posts, bad beat threads, bragging and small sample stat posts.