Old 08-21-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: PokerGrade yourself!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
n/m... I found it.

I got an A despite earning about 3 bb/100 less than I "could have."

wtf??????????????

[/ QUOTE ]

That 3 BB was purely due to luck. You get the grade based on what you "should" have earned. The green potential profit is the "slansky bucks you earned" line. The red line is reality. I wish the PG page explained that a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I doubt I deserve an A simply due to my weak VPIP. I've been running bad so long I really question whether I have any skill at all.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:11 PM

Thanks for the post!

First I'll repost the post I made in the other thread, and I can answer any questions about PG you have.

[ QUOTE ]
Just as a note:

Everything on the first page (the stats page), including potential profit, individual luck factors and technical stats, are what I would deem 99% accurate. The reason these are so accurate is they are just numbers calculated from your cards and the actual cards, nothing arbitrary about them.

Where my judgement comes in, ie the "overall luck" factor for the leaderboard (still mostly numbers since it is a combination of the 4 indivudual stats, but still loses a little accuracy because of this), and the report card checks or Xs, are where it can get a little sketchy. I dont want people to base their lives on the report card page of PokerGrader. Just like it would be hard for you to grade your friends poker ability, it is that much harder for me to write a program to do it.

That being said, if you want to base your emotions on the individual luck stats or potential profit, I can live with that. Since that is all math with none of my judgement, if your luck was bad luck, it was bad luck. If your potential profit is negative, then it was negative. It still doesn't mean you were playing badly, but it is a pretty accurate guide that you weren't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-21-2005, 04:12 PM

Thanks for advising about this Evan.

I can't get my hand histories though because I process them and they don't remain under the Skin History folder after they are processed. Is there any work around for this that anyone knows of?

Cheers,
Tom

Edit: I see PokerGrader posted at the same time I did. Can you advise about my question, PG?
Old 08-21-2005, 04:26 PM

Grading myself has confirmed what ive known for years now... i suck [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
myPokerGrader

any input would be appreciated
Old 08-21-2005, 04:33 PM

You can download PokerGrader Client, which can import the hands from PokerTracker, then compress and anonymize them for use with PokerGrader.

Instructions:

1) Download and install PokerGrader Client.
2) Click the "PokerTracker" button under Import From...
3) Select however many hands you want to import
4) On the upper right, you can select exactly what limits you want to import. I would recommend deselecting any tournaments since they dont mix well with limit games.
5) Then once you have only the games you want, click "Export Cur Tables to PokerGrader"
6) Just pick a filename to save the hand histories as, and then go to PokerGrader.com, use "File Mode", and select the file you just created with PokerGrader. If you did everything correctly, it should be a .gz file, which is anonymized and compressed (for security and fast uploads).
Old 08-21-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grading myself has confirmed what ive known for years now... i suck [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
myPokerGrader

any input would be appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

Play more hands. Your VP$IP should be up at about 20. Everything else seems OK, and you have been having some bad luck, but having a VP$IP of only 10 is really a huge leak.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:52 PM

Evidently I'm too passive :P I knew this, though. PokerTracker tells me the same thing wrt stats mentioned in the FAQ. My PFR has slowly been climbing, but I don't know of a good way to find out where I'm going wrong. Sure, I could post hands--but my problem is systemic. Anyone wanna sort through 5,000 hand histories and point out my mistakes?

my report card

Bad luck on the river:[ QUOTE ]

Expected River Strength per $ (Actual): 75.15% (70)
Expected winning % per $ at showdown (Actual): 60.98% (55)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-21-2005, 04:57 PM

Ah well, I was planning on playing today, since I could get a good number of hours in. Instead, I think I'm going to read and re-read and re-read the preflop section of SSHE.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6)... use "File Mode", and select the file you just created with PokerGrader. If you did everything correctly, it should be a .gz file, which is anonymized and compressed (for security and fast uploads).

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi PG: I got up to this point. In the "Select one or more hand history files to load" window, the "Types of Files" is "Hand History Files (*.txt) and I can't change it. Since the PGC file is a gz file, it doesn't see it, and I am therefore stuck here.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:27 PM

I got a B, quite impressed with that!

According to this I play a 6bb/100 game at 1/2, but only actually made 3.7BB/100 due to bad luck on the river.

I can live with that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.pokergrader.com/display.p...565844&p=1 if anyone is remotely interested!

Mat