Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 11:54 AM

Default kinda summary...

[ QUOTE ]
Ultra loose tables; Yes. Huge pots; Not necessarily, but I notice that Actionbob value bets and checks better than most.

~stephen

[/ QUOTE ]

i seriously need to work on my checking as that saves many bets. value betting, though im pretty sure i got down [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

in terms of bobbers stats, while the results are great, i find it odd that they do not converge as they should. while my stat mishaps may be in the realm of my variance, these should be within his. making .16 from a single position that is not the button while the surrounding positions make less is certainly an oddity.

IRRegardless (love that "word), the stats are impressive. overall ive learned i think im too loose up front and too tight late.

thanks a lot guys.

-Barron
Old 08-22-2005, 12:05 PM

Default ok, quick update...

[ QUOTE ]
I think we now need an update to the Sarah situation. That's a hell of a lot more interesting than your numbers on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

[non poker related discussion]

ok, heres a quick update:

it turns out, that while i did go to visit (the "other") sarah in both NY and spent time with her and her friends and folks in maine, I assured myself nothing would happen. and it didn't.

the lovely IL sarah and i are getting along famously. i think we are pretty serious but its odd b/c a) we've never had a boyfriend etc. discussion because... b) we live 2 hrs away and her parents (her mom now knows about me though which is cool, and knows sarah comes to visit) read: father, would never approve of a visit from me or sarah's visits to see me...further, its odd b/c c) we do spend an innordinate amount of time on the phone and she did say something that implied she is definately interested in something more...

when i was talking about moving back to NY she got very sad and pouty, and asked if id move away from NY. i said if and when i meet the woman i'll marry etc. then perhaps, but i do want to be there since my job will likely be there as is my family and its close to my brother. she was then virtually inconsolable for 30 mins or so and i finally figured out why: it was because i said "if and when i meet" instead of an already inclusive likelihood statement...she was upset i nixed the possibility of her being my wife...

in reality i dont think thats possible. we are indeed too different and im now "allowed" to do certain things around her which is clearly the downfall of many relationships. i can't swear and i cant drink ANY amount of alcohol in her presence. (imagine me NOT swearing for all those hrs on the phone). we also have very different views on children and abortion and on and on (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). she's also strictly baptist and im pretty sure i'm going to end up w/ a nice brunette jewish princess. i dont think marrying a baptist would go over all too well. and of course, there's the most important factor...im not in love with her now. it may be possible that i fall in love with her down the line, but right now its just not where i'm at.

ok, so that quick update turned long. but thats where we're at. [/non poker related discussion]

-Barron
Old 08-22-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: More position stats for comparison and analysis

[ QUOTE ]
Ultra loose tables; Yes. Huge pots; Not necessarily, but I notice that Actionbob value bets and checks better than most.

~stephen

[/ QUOTE ]

This still doesn't fully explain the relationship between his low W$SF yet his extremely high WR.

A simple example. Let's say person X wins 10 more pots out of every 100 flops seen than Bob. With an average pot of around $420, that's $4200 extra that person wins or 70BB's. Now, for arguments sake, we could probably even cut that number down, let's say even in half. So say person X is winning 35BB's more every 100 pots he sees than Bob, so Bob must be at least 1BB more for every pot he wins to compensate for this.

Since a large part of the action at 30/60 are HU or 3 way pots in which you are value betting with position, it's hard to really extract any more money on those hands other than to just keep betting the best hand. I'm having a hard time understanding how it's possible to pick up so many extra bets to achieve such a high WR while winning so few flops seen.

I'm not sure I'm making any sense, but I'm hoping someone can walk me through this. Also, Barron, sorry to hijack your thread here, although it's kind of all related.

Nigel
Old 08-22-2005, 02:42 PM

How about he's running well?

-Scott
Old 08-22-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about he's running well?

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott,

Between those 2 databases he's got a rather large sample size. I think it appears to be in his solid play, not his luck, but I could be wrong. His W$SD is basically pretty standard for his WTSD, no?

So, unless he's just consistently being dealt huge hands vs. huge second bests for ginormous pots over this large a sample size, it seems there is something to be learned from Bob's play.

Nigel
Old 08-22-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: ok, quick update...

[ QUOTE ]
in reality i dont think thats possible. we are indeed too different and im now "allowed" to do certain things around her which is clearly the downfall of many relationships. i can't swear and i cant drink ANY amount of alcohol in her presence. (imagine me NOT swearing for all those hrs on the phone). we also have very different views on children and abortion and on and on (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). she's also strictly baptist and im pretty sure i'm going to end up w/ a nice brunette jewish princess. i dont think marrying a baptist would go over all too well. and of course, there's the most important factor...im not in love with her now. it may be possible that i fall in love with her down the line, but right now its just not where i'm at.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly a case of bad game selection, but you would probably be well off finishing out the orbit.

<font color="white">Yes, I'm lame. Shoot me.</font>
Old 08-22-2005, 03:09 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

actionbob was the one with 4bb/hd aa and 3bb/hd kk right? that should do it right there.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: ok, quick update...

Don't know anything about you Barron, but read that "analysis" was kind of cool. I am sure it resonates well with a lot of people - certainly did with me.

I especially was amused with the gentile vs. JAP conflict...all too familiar.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actionbob was the one with 4bb/hd aa and 3bb/hd kk right? that should do it right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

My AA is 3.84, but my KK is only 1.85 BB/hand. Is a 3bb/hd with KK really possible?

-Scott
Old 08-22-2005, 04:11 PM

4 &amp; 3.84 BB/hnd with AA, 3 w/ KK!

Holy christ I suck. I probably avg around 2.8 and 2.5 for each, but I don't have my long term DB up to check. For this month I am 3.16 w/AA and an ungodly low 1.5 with KK.