Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Do fish realize they are fish?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Come to think of it, I can't understand how "nice hand" could ever not be sarcastic. I mean, you were dealt the hand. It's not like you bought it from a dealer or made it yourself. "Nice bet" makes sense, as does "good read", but really, "nice hand"? I'm just as likely to complement someone's avatar on PP. "Hey, you got the guy in the grey suit in the top left? Nice avatar."

[/ QUOTE ]

So, imagine a room. The point is in one corner. You're way off in the other corner, futilely searching for the point. The idea is that fish DON'T KNOW THAT SKILL IS INVOLVED IN POKER or don't care. To their mind, it's a complicated, fun slot machine. Getting a big hand and winning a big pot is fun for them, and that's why they play. Your job is to pat them on the back and help them enjoy it with camaraderie. You should compliment another player for getting good cards. Complimenting them for playing well is always wrong.

Even if this weren't true, what sort of demented psychopaths take out their own bad luck on the hapless people who are making them money? Why on earth would you actually opt for a less pleasant atmosphere that will invariably win you less money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said....
Old 08-22-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Do fish realize they are fish?

[ QUOTE ]
Well do you know you are a fish? I mean who would ask a player that is playing 26 why they are doing it? Were you hoping she would stop playing bad cards?

I would suggest you use the chat box to say NH,TY,GG and GL All or better yet don't say anything at all.

[/ QUOTE ]