Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Re: 2+2ers suck

[ QUOTE ]
i just wanted to note that "good at poker" is not synonymous with "poster on 2+2" or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have people been saying it is? (legit question, not being smart)

Also, do you mean that 2+2ers aren't all that, or that, as I gleaned from your initial post, that other styles are also very profitable, ie that LAG who played you with 63o, and we TAGs need to not be so arrogant in our assumptions that ours is the only way (assuming 2+2 TAGness can be defined as "one way")?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see how my reg date has anything to do with anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's that you signed up three months ago, you've posted way too much, and now you're preaching to everyone else about something you seemed to have had an epiphany about in the last few weeks. Sometimes it's good to sit back and learn from others rather than try to get your own opinion out there.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:03 PM

I don't berate the fish. And I still maintain that I have never met a winning player who does. Those from 2+2 who berate fish are probably not themselves winning players, and they berate the fish because of this to vent their frustration.

Now if you're talking about berating people on the boards, that is totally different. The goal at a table is not to educate your opponent, berating them does that, however slightly. The goal on these boards is to help each other, and many posters need a swift kick in the ass when they first came here. Many of my first posts in the limit and HUSH forums resulted in me being berated and being told, I sucked, etc., and I am a far better player for it.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:20 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

just turn your chat off man
Old 08-18-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your analysis here. One thing "experienced" posters think they can do is flame other posters because of their superiority complex. I have already been flamed several times in this post by "experienced" posters, but I really don't care. I was trying to make a point about superiority complexes and they've further demonstrated my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right? You think I posted that because I think I'm a superior poster? Nobody is going to give a damn about your post, even if you're right. The assholes are going to remain assholes. And the people who keep their mouth shut are going to keep their mouth shut. Your post was useless. Nothing will change.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:31 PM

I just wanted to add that outside of SNGs, I am a breakeven player at best and a forgettable poster. If you asked half the people on this forum who "kyro" was, they wouldn't have a clue.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like your analysis here. One thing "experienced" posters think they can do is flame other posters because of their superiority complex. I have already been flamed several times in this post by "experienced" posters, but I really don't care. I was trying to make a point about superiority complexes and they've further demonstrated my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right? You think I posted that because I think I'm a superior poster? Nobody is going to give a damn about your post, even if you're right. The assholes are going to remain assholes. And the people who keep their mouth shut are going to keep their mouth shut. Your post was useless. Nothing will change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't referring to you at all kyro. You made a fair point.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:55 PM

But I read books, I know percentages!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...unless you are Schneids or Dcifrths or some other random person who has played millions of hands and can read hands like no one else...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post...the longer I play the truer I realize this is.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:39 AM

If you have time to berate other players while you are playing, you should add another monitor and open another 4 tables... your "communication" with other players is costing you money in many ways!
Closed Thread