Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Comments on TSP\'s private game with Dcfir, schneids, alexsem etc.

I'm more likely to do this when the BB is a donkey who will make the play of the hand simpler. It doesn't sound like there were any people who fit this description in this game.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:08 AM

standard
Old 08-17-2005, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well [censored], if we are doing these...

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero most likely has the best hand on the river and should check hoping for a bluff.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:15 AM

Given the action you could be correct, however my read at the time was that the turn call was one of those "man you don't erally have the ace do you?" one. I also felt that that point, since i had not been out of line at all, that he might believe i wouldnt follow through on the river without a very solid hand. My read could have been off, but i think Finchetto mucked a better hand even though you wouldn't think he would call the turn, it was just how i felt at the time. I would be very interested to know what he help is he is willing to say.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:15 AM

Given the action you could be correct, however my read at the time was that the turn call was one of those "man you don't erally have the ace do you?" one. I also felt that that point, since i had not been out of line at all, that he might believe i wouldnt follow through on the river without a very solid hand. My read could have been off, but i think Finchetto mucked a better hand even though you wouldn't think he would call the turn, it was just how i felt at the time. I would be very interested to know what he help is he is willing to say.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:22 AM

hrmm
Old 08-17-2005, 07:38 AM

Good and tough game. I like the moment we started to show uncalled hands. It's funny and unusual. Though i was quite unlucky and many of my good hands crushed and im as well deposited 950$ - i like this game and i don't think im looser in it as i spotted some people to make more aggression then actually needed even in this tough game as well as some preflop mistakes.

Even though i've overplayed my QQ against carlspacklr and made some other minor mistakes i have some hands where i really like my play:

Preflop: Peter is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Peter raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB (ggbman) calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
ggbman checks, <font color="#CC3333">Peter bets</font>, ggbman calls.

Turn: (3.33 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
ggbman checks, Peter checks.

River: (3.33 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
ggbman checks, Peter checks.

Final Pot: 3.33 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
ggbman has Qh 9s (two pair, aces and queens).
Peter has Ts Js (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: ggbman wins 3.33 BB. </font>

Preflop: Peter is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Peter raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB (thederelict) 3-bets</font>, Peter calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Peter checks, <font color="#CC3333">thederelict bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Peter raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">thederelict 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Peter caps</font>, thederelict calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Peter bets</font>, thederelict calls.

River: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Peter bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">thederelict raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Peter 3-bets</font>, thederelict calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Peter has Js 7s (two pair, jacks and sevens).
thederelict has Ah Jh (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Peter wins 15 BB. </font>
Old 08-17-2005, 10:17 AM

BTW -

Who the heck was "overpopulated shared ownership residence"? I never figuered out who he was...
Old 08-17-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well [censored], if we are doing these...

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero most likely has the best hand on the river and should check hoping for a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. I wasnt there, but i dont think betting this river is something i would do.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:59 AM

You think he calls the turn cr with a PP then folds for one more bet on the essentially blank river?