Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Dumbest move you\'ve ever made

using the "instant bankroll" freebie money bonus at party poker before I'd heard of 2+2 or read SSHE.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2005, 05:21 PM

2 -

#1 - Playing in AC - 1/2 NL. About 4 hands in (this was my 2nd time in a B&M) I get what I think is AKs. board has 3 spades, river is a blank and I go all-in against a lady who has 2 pair. As the dealer says flip them over and is counting out our $, I say "don't worry about it, I have the nutz" and flip over my AsKc. The whole table laughs outloud. A spade rivered, so I ended up winning the pot, but it wasn't worth the shame of seeing all these veterans laugh at me, the noob.

#2 -
Simpler. I was #2 in chips in a MTT at Turning Stone. 25 left and 18 pay. The guy who is #1 is directly to my left, in SB (I'm OTB). Folds to me and I look down at 22. For whatever reason, I go all-in and the guy in the SB calls with JJ. I'm busted. I've never, ever forgiven myself for what may have ended up costing me around $2,000.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:18 PM

Dumbest Move: I moved to Boston for a year, long before Foxwoods opened. No action but Bridge for that year.

Next Dumbest: I moved from Beantown to Oklahoma, well at least we have poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like dogmeat have been playing STUD games and thought they were all Hi only when multi-tabling. Remarkable how that seems to work out so well upon ocasssion.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:32 PM

Playing 3 tables, I got dealt 44, 44, and 55 at the same time. While thinking about how wierd it was to get dealt these cards, I realized I flopped a set of 4's on one table. I jammed the pot on every street only to realize that I was actually on the table with 55 and had like 4th pair.

Folded for one bet on the river [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

bk
Old 08-23-2005, 12:43 AM

I am on heavy duty tilt from blowing my first buy in and am playing WAY over my head in a 3/6 nl online game that I am trying to limp and wait for monster to double up. in BB I actually flop a str8 but not the nut str8 and when two prior to me get all in I can't pull the trigger to bet my stack. Guy 1 has two pair other guy just Top pair, top kicker and I watch as board goes rag rag and i would have won and dobled up on 400 stack. Great, you can imagine the tilt from there made quick work of stack anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 01:34 AM

I've done sme, but not all, of the things listed in this forum. Made pretty good reading.

The dumbest move i've ever made, however, took place about 5 years ago.

I was young, I was arrogant, I was underbankrolled for the limit I was playing.

I put the last 20 BB of my bankroll on the table.

lf
Old 08-25-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My dad plays in a home game that includes omaha hi lo except you have 5 hole cards AND you can play your 5 hole cards rather than the board if you want. Too bad weren't playing in that game, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

What, no wild cards?
Old 08-25-2005, 04:39 PM

My second month of playing, thankfully this was a live freeroll tournament.

I had a bad run of bad beats for a few weeks leading up to this so I was highly paranoid.

I get dealt TT and me and a bunch of others go to the flop.

Flop is like 6 T K, giving me a set of T's. At this point I raise big, get 1 caller.

Turn is K, I'm like "OH crap he has a king and now he has three kings and my stupid three T's are no good..." but I bet all in and he calls.

He flips over QJ and I'm like "Whew" and I call out my hand, three ten's and flip it over. Any card but a 9 or A and I win.... but the river gets me, blamo, an A, giving him a straight, I push him my chips and get up from the table and go home.

The next day I'm telling my friend about my horrible bad beat and he was like "Didn't you have a full house the whole time?" and I was like "What? ... oh SH!T" and felt really really really really dumb.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:24 AM

One of my worst folds:
3 handed: Button doubles BB. SB folds, I'm in BB w/ 55 and call. I think to myself, "Alright, gimme a 4 for a set!"

Flop: Jd 7d 5c
I check. Button goes all in. Thinking I have 44 and was 1 card in rank below hitting a set, I fold. As I fold I look at my cards, and realize my memory isn't as badass as I thought it is, and realize that my hand was 55, not 44, and that I indeed did flop a set.

Button shows JTs and says "I knew my Jacks were good"

Fortunately it was just a friendly home game with a chump change buy-in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]