Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Cocaine and flying on a plane (trace amount of cocaine)????

[ QUOTE ]

I am going to a place and staying with a friend to clear my head. Then when I come back I am going to go to one of the several programs I have to choose from. Addiction, especially for people with addictive personalities, is not that easy. When I quit smoking for almost a year I had a good support system, but it was very tough. I think this might be easier. I just don't have the support system here that I will when I go to where I am going (once again, I am being vague about where I live and am going to keep some anonyminity (sp?). All I am saying is "don't buy anymore" is not as easy as it sounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't stop yourself from buying any more now, I don't think you will be able to after "getting your head together."

Which means you will need a supervised recovery. Anyway, I'm no doctor, but it doesn't take a genius to see that if you can't 1) stop buying, or 2) walk to the washer and put your clothes in, you are not in control of yourself. You need someone to take control over you until you are recovered.

eastbay
Old 08-15-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I work from home and have been working. Which is why I have not done it yet. Also, as of right now I don't really have the motivation to do it. I know in another post I mentioned that I still care about the "little things". But, at the same time I have to force myself to shower, clip my nails, call my friends, etc...I can only imagine how bad this would be in 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Christ. Walk over to the washer, put your clothes in, put some soap in and turn the knob. This isn't that hard.

If you really can't do that, you should check yourself into a psychiatric hospital immediately.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I am possibly leaving today. I might not have time as well. I don't know if you have ever been addicted to anything like this (maybe you have), but I feel it is rather arrogant, if you haven't had an addictionl like cocaine, to assume it is that easy. Or, what I meant to say, (I really am not attacking you, I am not like that) was that if you haven't been a junky before (whick I am not sure that that I am that "far gone" yet), that maybe you don't know what you would do or how you would feel in this situation. Because I know as of a month ago, I had no idea what this is like. But, at the same time I have always known that it must be hard and sad. I am not on here looking for compassion. Nor, am I making excuses for myself.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:35 PM

eastbay,

usually your posts are excellent and i can tell youre a smart guy, but here i think youre wrong. cocaine ruins peoples lives for a reason. its not as simple as "dont buy it anymore" if you are addicted. i think getting to a place where the drug isnt available and out of the "cocaine-poker-cocaine" routine is a good idea.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am going to a place and staying with a friend to clear my head. Then when I come back I am going to go to one of the several programs I have to choose from. Addiction, especially for people with addictive personalities, is not that easy. When I quit smoking for almost a year I had a good support system, but it was very tough. I think this might be easier. I just don't have the support system here that I will when I go to where I am going (once again, I am being vague about where I live and am going to keep some anonyminity (sp?). All I am saying is "don't buy anymore" is not as easy as it sounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't stop yourself from buying any more now, I don't think you will be able to after "getting your head together."

Which means you will need a supervised recovery. Anyway, I'm no doctor, but it doesn't take a genius to see that if you can't 1) stop buying, or 2) walk to the washer and put your clothes in, you are not in control of yourself. You need someone to take control over you until you are recovered.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

From professionals, including MD's, psychologists, psychiatrists, and friends, none have disagreed with this decision of mine. They have all also said that this is not going to be as hard as I think. I just want to go and get my head cleared. And then, when I get back, be in some kind of program. I will have supervised recovery. Where I am going I have no access to drugs. And the person I am staying with will be able to help me greatly. I just think I am on that borderline of not needing to be under constant psychiatric care, but at the same time, needing help. Does that make sense?
Old 08-15-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As far as the dogs picking up the scent, I think a bigger concern will be me explaining that I didn't know a gun (not loaded) was against FAA policy (God, I hope nobody from the U.S. government reads this site...Well, with the PATRIOT Act, I am sure they will be waiting for me at the airport).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think getting past the drug dogs is tough, just how exactly do you think getting a gun, loaded or not, past a metal detector is going to happen? This is a one-way trip to federal PMITA prison. Going cold turkey behind bars is not going to be fun.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and why do you need a plane ride to stop using? Throw away what you have and don't buy any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

If only it were this easy.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As far as the dogs picking up the scent, I think a bigger concern will be me explaining that I didn't know a gun (not loaded) was against FAA policy (God, I hope nobody from the U.S. government reads this site...Well, with the PATRIOT Act, I am sure they will be waiting for me at the airport).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think getting past the drug dogs is tough, just how exactly do you think getting a gun, loaded or not, past a metal detector is going to happen? This is a one-way trip to federal PMITA prison. Going cold turkey behind bars is not going to be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a joke. Maybe not a good one, but I thought it would be obvious I was not being serious. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:53 PM

Also, I feel I am taking the right steps. I realize I have a problme (step 1) and I have the desire to change it (step 2), and I have a plan of action to change it (step 3). I know the life I have ahead of me if I don't. I will either end up homeless, sucking dick, in prison, or dead (or all of the above). This is not what I want for myself. And I think if people realized earlier in their addictions that they had a problem and really wanted to fix it...they would not have the problems that they end up with.

And I would like to apologize...I am not trying to attack you at all, or even be defensive. I just don't think things are as black and white as you are making them out to be. I just want a clear head and my old life back. And I am grateful that I am only a short time in..because I can only imagine what this would be like 6 months from now.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:58 PM

Dude,

I had a slight problem with it about 2 years ago for a couple of months. One of my buddys had just bought a house and asked me if I wanted to move in with him and another one of his friends. I did, and thought that it was going to be a blast. Well little did I know, his other buddy was a dealer. Coke was something that I had done every once in a while in college at partys, but never more than once every couple of months. Upon moving in I would hit up his boy everytime I was drunk and wanted to sober up (3-4 times a week). After a couple of months, I realized that this was something that I could not control. As a result, I moved out, and disassociated myself from everyone I knew that did the stuff. It works. I recommend that you do the same.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:04 PM

I really can't understand why people do this drug, the thought of snorting it makes me sick. I saw someone snorting at a party and it made me almost physically sick, and I'm not really a squeamish person at all.