Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: 20-40 hand, lots of decisions yet i just check-call the whole way!

[ QUOTE ]
no i thought about it and the flop c/r is the play. would you have called preflop? assume a very good passive 20 like normal.

isnt it past your bedtime?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. It seems like you're being a little results oriented here, only because as it turned out a flop c/r would have cleaned up your 3. Tough to see that coming.

In the hand, however, on the flop, you have a draw. A good one, yes, but still a draw. You can't possibily imagine that a flop c/r will clean up your K outs (they're gonna call) and how could you possibily know that you needed to clean up your three.

furthermore a flop c/r will definately hurt your drawing odds, and given that the board is paired you might get 3 bet drawing slim/dead and be unable get away from it due to the wide range of hands your opponents might 3bet with.

I think a flop c/r is not the way to go, but that you should have done it on the turn, after your hand picked up some showdown value.

Am I way off here?

lf
Old 08-05-2005, 01:11 AM

"You can't possibily imagine that a flop c/r will clean up your K outs (they're gonna call)"

no i usually will get the fold from all sorts of Ks here on the flop when i make them face two cold after they whiff the flop.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"You can't possibily imagine that a flop c/r will clean up your K outs (they're gonna call)"

no i usually will get the fold from all sorts of Ks here on the flop when i make them face two cold after they whiff the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats the case then I guess I can understand wanting to c/r the flop, every LA game i've ever played in the guy w/ AK/KQ isn't folding this flop for 2 bets. They must have gotten tighter.

lf
Old 08-05-2005, 02:40 AM

this was not in LA it was in oceanside where i live.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:24 PM

Default I peeked

I guess one of the things that makes the game so good is that there are guys playing K-3s for a raise.