Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Help me pick a Vegas Hotel

Southwest has cheap flights.

Bellagio poker rate $129 a night m-t, $199 s-s. Awesome rooms and property. Must play 6 hours a day to get this rate.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:16 PM

Price and location is the only thing nice about the Imperial Palace. I've stayed there. People that say they don't know what's wrong with it have never stayed at Bellagio or Mirage. Try waiting for 20+ minutes to catch an elevator from you room. NO JOKE, and not a one time occurance. Spend a few extra bucks, and take advantage of the poker rates from a nice resort.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, small world...

I'll be at Mandalay Bay on the 11-14th, and at Carlin on the 12th as well. Don't check-raise me

Does anyone know what the policy is for guests at the hotel in regards to the night clubs or bars in that hotel? Do you still have to pay the cover and wait in line?

Also for the poker rate... how many hours a day and what's the procedure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk to the front desk and concierge <sp> when you check in about bar lines etc. Ask for a pass to the Foundation Club. Don't know about the poker rates. Make sure you give me a Sup Bro if you spot me at the tables.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Price and location is the only thing nice about the Imperial Palace. I've stayed there. People that say they don't know what's wrong with it have never stayed at Bellagio or Mirage. Try waiting for 20+ minutes to catch an elevator from you room. NO JOKE, and not a one time occurance. Spend a few extra bucks, and take advantage of the poker rates from a nice resort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not forget having to take a golf cart from the front desk to your room at the far back of the property. Or the most horrific buffet in Vegas, bar none. The IP is centrally located and the price is great, but the place is a dump. Sure, as some say, you spend little time in your room anyway, so why does it matter. Well, stay one night across the street at the Mirage, and you'll see.