Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Anyone else find this ruleing weird... (and trip report)

[ QUOTE ]
The world is full of douchebag WSOP wannabes that will bust out and be gone. Remember that 95% of these new players will lose money in the long term and disappear. The regulars are just exactly that, they create steady income for the card room and keep the games going. The card room makes it profit from the rake and the regulars pay the most rake over the course of the year.

That would be an excellent business plan, let's suck up to the assholes until the room is full of them and our regulars don't want to play here anymore. Then when the assholes go bust we can sit around by ourselves and wonder why business isn't as good as it used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]
good for business, but bad ethics... btw so this argument can end the player neither of the players were regulars. The angle shooter had been there once before and the other guy was there for the first time.

However i have notice this particular poker room, does favor its locals. Twice i have seen "coinflip" situations go to the favor of locals, mucked card situations ect, and it probably is good business.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if your chips are placed in front of your cards its considered a bet. if it happens to be all your chips the floor could rule you allin. No he didnt mean to push, no the ruleing was not fair... but the ruling was within the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]
The chips were not "placed" in front of the cards, since the guy didn't touch his chips. If I put my chips up against the bumper, but pull my cards up on to the bumper to peek at them (which is not all that uncommon) have I bet? The chips are in front of the cards...
Old 08-01-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That would be an excellent business plan, let's suck up to the assholes until the room is full of them and our regulars don't want to play here anymore. Then when the assholes go bust we can sit around by ourselves and wonder why business isn't as good as it used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

By default, in a room full of "losing assholes," some of them will become the "winning regular," so I don't see the problem.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:07 PM

Doesn't there have to some sort of motion for any action wether it is verbally or physically communicated. I mean the chips were like that before the play and remained there during the play. I have seen televised tournaments were the player didn't finish pulling all his chips from the pot back behind the line to his rail before looking at the cards of the next hand, and no one would confuse this as a bet. I think since no motion or declaration was made then no bet was made. This rule must be cleary defined somewhere though.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:14 PM

"He didn't move his chips out in front of his cards, he moved his cards back to look at them"

I agree with this. Where is the rule book for this type of stuff.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By default, in a room full of "losing assholes," some of them will become the "winning regular," so I don't see the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

tstone is in the middle of no were you ethier are a regular or drove well over an hour (me 6) to get there. Thast would be the prob.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if your chips are placed in front of your cards its considered a bet. if it happens to be all your chips the floor could rule you allin. No he didnt mean to push, no the ruleing was not fair... but the ruling was within the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]
The chips were not "placed" in front of the cards, since the guy didn't touch his chips. If I put my chips up against the bumper, but pull my cards up on to the bumper to peek at them (which is not all that uncommon) have I bet? The chips are in front of the cards...

[/ QUOTE ]

the chips are against the bumper... so no lol. the point was his chips werent, he placed his cards directly behind them. THis would be exactly what it would look like if i pushed. the kid saw this waited for a big hand and got a ruling on it. It was angle shooting... but within the rules.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"He didn't move his chips out in front of his cards, he moved his cards back to look at them"

I agree with this. Where is the rule book for this type of stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

JUST TO MAKE THIS CLEAR AS I HAVE STATED I THINK THE RULING SUXS!!!!!!~

but, placeing your cards behind your chips makes those chips look identical to a raise... even if the actual pushing is not there these chips can be ruled a raise, as they were in this hand! yes it suxs, but this is wat the floor ruled. and apperently it happened in ac as well from an older thread.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:35 PM

The regular assholes don't win the coin flips either.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could very well be an example of good tipping regular vs WSOP wannabe stiff. Aside from being good manners tipping can make the difference in situations like these.

[/ QUOTE ]

miss read your post, dont really understand were it fits here. both players tipped. both won i believe a single pot before this hand and both tipped.

really understand what your getting at.