Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Is there a huge difference in play?

I am in the same boat, just moved up to 1/2 for about 2 weeks. Didn't play very much though, and half of those hands were played on Stars before I knew how to save hand history. At this point I think I am losing, not too much, but still losing. I don't have my PT data right now so I can't be sure.

Although I just lost 50BB in an hour on PP, I still don't think 1/2 is much tougher than 0.5/1, at least on PP. I do feel the games on Stars are harder to beat. I don't feel like being outplayed. The only adjustment I realize I need is to tighten up a little. My VP$IP at 0.5/1 was around 25. One of the bad habit I had in 0.5/1 was when I was playing at a loose table, I limp too much without the position awareness. At 1/2 there are lots of isolation play, you have to be very careful at EP. Lots of times I found myself HU with hand like JTo, limping from EP and got isolated.

I remeber a while ago there was a thread where everyone posted their PokerGragh result, most curves of 0.5/1 were pretty smooth, the few 1/2 curves contained lots of up and down. I don't know if it is a common thing, if it is, I guess it suggests that table selection is more important in 1/2. A tough table and some cold cards can result in some serious down swing.

I guess that's all I can think of for now, I will try to get my 50BB back before sleep. =D
Old 07-29-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Is there a huge difference in play?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont want this to turn into a bitching session but Ive been getting killed at 1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]

update: off to a roaring -15BB start. I went up fast but the river is getting its revenge in a serious way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo, my 1/2 losing curse is finally broken. I was up 20 BB on my table tonight for a whopping 7.59bb/100. Look! Poker Grader even gave me an A! Report Card

Sadly my .5/1 table pwned me. I ended up +$10 total after taking a total beating on the table that was supposed to offset my losses. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I got a D for my .5/1 play. And I admit to playing poorly. Didn't get a tight or an Aggressive.