Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Raise or Fold?

You're right, no argument. I wrote the wrong thing without thinking.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:47 PM

Don't want to be semantic, but if the flop has more than one spade we have the nut flush draw and this is a raise [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't want to be semantic, but if the flop has more than one spade we have the nut flush draw and this is a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Still a call.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:21 PM

I think a call might be correct here, actually. Assuming someone has a T or a J you are drawing to 5 outs and getting 6 to 1 or so on a call. I don't think a raise will drive out any hands that you are behind right now. I see no reason to think you have the best hand so it's not for value.

A bit confused...I think I'd call and re-evaluate on the turn. I'm going to see what the others have said now, as I see there's plenty of discussion already.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:35 PM

I think Bozlax and Absolute have articulated my thoughts better than I did. I also meant to mention in my first post that a spade on the board would make this a definite call.

If you are going to play this type of hand at all you will find yourself in this kind of situation much more often than flopping a big hand like two pair, flush draw, trips, etc. Even just pairing the ace is generally not comfortable. Honestly, I calculated the odds wrong on the flop, and now feel this is closer to folding. Those saying to fold preflop probably have a point too, although, if you KNEW the table was very loose/passive, and had faith that a couple more would call, and that no one would raise, then it's not a bad call. I probably would not call this hand tho, unless I had the button and at the very very least two limpers behind me, as I would be playing it like suited connectors or a weak drawing hand.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:56 PM

You can peel one off since you'll probably be getting at least 8:1 on your call and you have top kicker to go with your bottom pair. You also have a BD gutshot to the nuts added to your other 5 outs to improve.