Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Got the \"pop up\" from Eurobet

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I have... I use an email account specifically for online poker sites (so I can use PT to automatically download hand histories and not worry about getting emails). Empire sent me one email about having a program that was not allowed (they did not identify it). Then they closed my account less than 48 hours after the initial email and identified the offending software as Poker Prophecy. This was a few weeks ago. I sent them email nicely requesting that my account be reopened and promising never to use Poker Prophecy again (in fact I uninstalled it) but they completely ignored that and a follow-up email.

[/ QUOTE ]
What about your money?

Were you a VIP? Regular customer? Infrequent customer? Whore?

Do you have other Party network accounts?
Old 07-27-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just got the popup from Eurobet. I only have PE installed on my computer and I was using it at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the popup just tell you to stop using it or get banned? Or something else?

edit- couldn't find another thread on this topic in the last ten pages or so: is the PP network back up to speed?

[/ QUOTE ]

bump for answers
Old 07-27-2005, 09:39 PM

I use PT and PV and have had no problems... very curious.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just got the popup from Eurobet. I only have PE installed on my computer and I was using it at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the popup just tell you to stop using it or get banned? Or something else?

edit- couldn't find another thread on this topic in the last ten pages or so: is the PP network back up to speed?

[/ QUOTE ]

bump for answers

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is.....

1) Party is wrong. There are other sites that WANT PE to work with/for them, this will only hurt Party in the long run, not help them

2) KERIO - it works flawlessly assuming you set it up correctly. Installing the app and turning it on is not the answer, you must a- Get a licensed version (aka pay for it) and install it using the advanced mode, b- Enable Host intrusion detection and prevention system (HIPS) — this system recognizes and blocks technologies used by intruders or viruses to run malicious codes. HIPS is helpful especially for recognition of new or modified viruses (or in the case of Party an application that is behaving the way a Trojan horse would by sending information about other applications/application folders within the C:\Program Files folder) and c - be very slow and methodical about what you permit Euro to access. I only allow port 2251 over UDP, and 2147/2273 over TCPIP. There is another port that will be asked to be allowed to open right after the application logs in... DO NOT GIVE IT ACCESS! I believe this is the port that scans your hard drive.

3) For the record, I got the pop up from Euro yesterday, but it was my own fault. I forgot to enable my settings when I installed the Kerio 4.2.0 upgrade. Since then I fixed my Kerio problem, and I've played 5-6 hours without seeing a single popup.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]