Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: QQ UTG with a ton of action

Cut the guy some slack. We already talked about the PF reraise early in this thread as being a mistake. Hero recognized that. And if you c/r the flop hard, you are pretty much all-in, which is what you are arguing against in this hand, is it not? (ie check, UTG pushes, fold, MP3 calls, Hero "checkraises hard" to what? all-in?) (plus, your statement about 'odds to call' is off by quite a bit)
Old 07-22-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole hand plays differently if you raise more PF.

Stop comparing two totally different scenarios.

[/ QUOTE ]No, YOU'RE comparing different scenarios. Only NOW are you saying ANYTHING about the PF play. Until now, you were saying to fold the last $17. YOU'RE changing the subject here. Nobody else is.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm waiting for a clever rebuttal to this, but that will probably never happen because there is no argument left.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]You do realize that nobody in this thread has agreed with you at all aside from raising more PF and that was said long before you posted.

How someone can be so cocky when they're being told they're wrong by everyone else is a gift, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason I mentioned the PF play was b/c you implied that I would have played the hand similarly except I would have folded to the 2nd all-in. I never implied that I would have played the hand similarly. Therefore, I explained how many times you fouled up, just to make clear to you that I would not be caught dead playing poker as poorly as you.

You must be schizophrenic or something, I mean, is it Columbus, or NY?

Go log 10K hands then maybe you can talk to me up here on this level. (Reaching high above head with hand).

Right now you are wayyyy down here (reaching down to my kneecaps).

Make it 25K hands. That is your pennance.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:46 PM

He definitely should re-raise. But much more.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
terrible reraise preflop. first, you probably shouldnt reraise. secondly, it was way too damn small

[/ QUOTE ]I realize that I should have raised more but why shouldn't I have reraised? When people are raising with JTs (not results oriented - people do that kind of stuff all the time at the games I play), it seems like I have to define my hand or be completely lost on the flop when there are five callers.

The reraise to me was a no brainer. If someone goes over the top, I can fold. Otherwiuse it's supposed to get some people to fold. It didn't happen because I didn't raise enough but it sure won't happen if I just call.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:48 PM

I never discussed his PF play until he mentioned something along the lines of me playing the hand similarly except I'd have folded to the 2nd all-in on the flop.

I had to explain to him that I would have played the hand completely different. Sorry, but people who infer incorrectly (then repeat, as if factual) just annoy the s*it out of me.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:50 PM

Im sorry but you seem to be getting very upset over this hand. Clearly you can see how important it is to play well PF. A poorly played PF round can screw up the next 3 rounds BIGTIME.

I'm not trying to be a d*ck, I'm just saying that it's hard to ask people for good advice on the flop when your real problem was PF.

(I started a thread about this a couple days ago)
Old 07-22-2005, 06:50 PM

All I can say is look up the word native" in a dictionary and reread everything that was said in this post. You'll quickly find out that maybe you should read (and I don't mean to me, I mean others in this thread) instead of type.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:56 PM

Oh, OK.