Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Flame Wars Won\'t Be Allowed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
p.s. Now, would you care to make a "last longer" bet? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Dynasty has shoes that need polishing, I know just the man to do it.

p.s. who said anything about the First Amendment? Of COURSE we're at Dynasty's whim. I was simply trying to get a sense of how benevolent this particular dictator is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if there's one thing sure to bring down a hail of benevolence upon you from the moderator, it's continued bitching about the ambiguity of his initial post.

Maybe you could give him a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice in it, too? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 04:16 PM

Was this in response to my little poll about the poll about the poll? I actuall thought that was all in good fun, and wouldn't at all have considered it a flame war. But I didn't get to read any of the responses before they were deleted, so maybe I just missed the flame war part?
Old 07-21-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was this in response to my little poll about the poll about the poll?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, not.

There is a locked Phil Ivey thread in which the most recent flame war started.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:18 PM

If its at the moderator's discretion that could be a problem. As he may unfairly abuse his power to lock, delete, or ban people based on who he likes and dislikes.

For instance, he doesn't like me so i bet i'm ranked number 1 on his list of who he's looking at even though i have not used one profanity(either ever, or at least in the last 2 months), started one flame war, or made one racist comment. Its purely that he dislikes me. So if i get banned it will be for this reaosn and no other. As i am always a good boy no matter how often i'm attacked on here. I always start over and try to get back to poker and tlak about interesting hands and what not and someone always comes in and say something like "why don't you sip a glass of stfu"(poster was hold me, in Lee Watkinson thread i believe). Yet that is overlooked by the moderator and i get blamed for flamewars. Hold me should be ranked #1 on the possible ban list.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If its at the moderator's discretion that could be a problem. As he may unfairly abuse his power to lock, delete, or ban people based on who he likes and dislikes.

For instance, he doesn't like me so i bet i'm ranked number 1 on his list of who he's looking at even though i have not used one profanity(either ever, or at least in the last 2 months), started one flame war, or made one racist comment. Its purely that he dislikes me. So if i get banned it will be for this reaosn and no other. As i am always a good boy no matter how often i'm attacked on here. I always start over and try to get back to poker and tlak about interesting hands and what not and someone always comes in and say something like "why don't you sip a glass of stfu"(poster was hold me, in Lee Watkinson thread i believe). Yet that is overlooked by the moderator and i get blamed for flamewars. Hold me should be ranked #1 on the possible ban list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, given that there is apparantly a broad consensus among the members that you're the one who starts many of these flame wars, isn't it possible that you're just not perceiving the situation accurately?

I don't mind them at all (for the entertainment reasons previously posted), but if the moderator does, then you can't win the argument about whether flame wars are "bad" or not. So, don't post stuff like "donkey play" about top pros, and then you won't get involved in these flame wars all the time.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:27 PM

You would be near the list of possible people to ban as well. Sorry i forgot you. I make constructive post after constructive post and everytime you chime in with an insult when not provoked. I will not respond to you again in this thread because i don't want to be accused of being in a flamewar with you. If you would just stick to the topics and tlka about that or don't respond to my threads at all we wouldn't have a problem. Same goes for hold me, trainwreck, and others. If you want to discuss my posts intelligently without insults by all means join in. But if you just want to jump in to call me names and insults please just pass by my posts. Waving my white flag to all my haters lets start over guys ok?
Old 07-21-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You would be near the list of possible people to ban as well. Sorry i forgot you. I make constructive post after constructive post and everytime you chime in with an insult when not provoked. I will not respond to you again in this thread because i don't want to be accused of being in a flamewar with you. If you would just stick to the topics and tlka about that or don't respond to my threads at all we wouldn't have a problem. Same goes for hold me, trainwreck, and others. If you want to discuss my posts intelligently without insults by all means join in. But if you just want to jump in to call me names and insults please just pass by my posts. Waving my white flag to all my haters lets start over guys ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so persecuted. How can you stand it?
Old 07-21-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent, if that was your last reply, then I will by definition have the last word.

And as one of your (very) few defenders here (what I wrote was that you SHOULD be allowed to continue posting), I don't think you can afford to add me to the "should be banned" list! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Although, to be fair, your suggestion that I should be on the banned list is amusingly like when Homer becomes Bart's football coach for a couple of weeks, and any time he doesn't like something a player says, he shouts out "you're cut!"... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 04:35 PM

I know i said i wouldn't respond agian but one last thing. Why does everybody still tie me in with vince? We almost never appear in the same threads. Partially on purpose because we don't want to be accused of ganging up on others. And partially to seperate ouselves from people thinking we are the same person. At least that my reaosn not sure for vince. So see us for seperate entities when wanting to say we did somehting wrong or what not and not the same person. It really isn't fair to either of us.

Btw that white flag goes up to Dynasty as well.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so persecuted. How can you stand it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, is that helpful? It is a rare and beautiful thing to find someone with a persecution complex who is also, to a degree, actually persecuted...and pointing it out can only diminish the beauty my friend [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread