Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: New Incidents Reported In London

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kill ALL the muslims now. Yeah that's what I said, kill the bastards before they kill all of us. Just wait until they get a nuclear bomb - then all hell will really break loose..

[/ QUOTE ]

You think this is crazy?

When/if the first suicide bomb goes off in America, there will be a slew of idiots with guns looking to start knocking off anyone who looks of Arab descent or of Muslim faith, including people from India, etc. who are genuinely peaceful.

America is home to plenty of rednecks, psychos, nutjobs, gangstas and weak-thinking policemen. I'm not even Arab and I fear a gross backlash.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound a little fearful and maniacal in the first place.

Americans didn't go nuts on 9/11, by a long shot. There were some incidents, but very, very few. This has been an immigrant country since it started.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kill ALL the muslims now. Yeah that's what I said, kill the bastards before they kill all of us. Just wait until they get a nuclear bomb - then all hell will really break loose..

[/ QUOTE ]

You think this is crazy?

When/if the first suicide bomb goes off in America, there will be a slew of idiots with guns looking to start knocking off anyone who looks of Arab descent or of Muslim faith, including people from India, etc. who are genuinely peaceful.

America is home to plenty of rednecks, psychos, nutjobs, gangstas and weak-thinking policemen. I'm not even Arab and I fear a gross backlash.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound a little fearful and maniacal in the first place.

Americans didn't go nuts on 9/11, by a long shot. There were some incidents, but very, very few. This has been an immigrant country since it started.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I hope I am wrong.

Second of all, you're right -- Americans didn't lose it on 9/11. But that might be because the wrong people (read: idiots with guns) didn't know who to go off on. We know now.

Many have acknowledged anti-Muslim vandalism throughout the U.S. I live in Florida, and it's still going on. I also have a good friend who is Muslim, and he says he can just feel people's eyes staring him down wherever he goes. He's muslim and from India.

If vandalism is where ill-minded people do after 9/11, what's next once there are bombers taking lives randomly? Their violence will escalate, our violence will escalate, and things will get crazy. There isn't a better example than what's going on in Iraq or Israel.

I value my freedom as an American, and I don't want my life threatened just because I walk down the street or take a subway.

But the scariest thing in my mind is, what's the solution to this problem? How will terrorism all over the planet end? What's the answer?

And if you reply "There isn't one," then that scares me more. Something will have to give eventually.

Scary.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If vandalism is where ill-minded people do after 9/11, what's next once there are bombers taking lives randomly? Their violence will escalate, our violence will escalate, and things will get crazy. There isn't a better example than what's going on in Iraq or Israel.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to calm down. Seriously.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also have a good friend who is Muslim, and he says he can just feel people's eyes staring him down wherever he goes. He's muslim and from India.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but he probably felt like that before 9/11, too.

The truth is, paranoia is recreation for a lot of people, and for others it makes them feel important, and as if the universe is organized along clear, understandable lines instead of endlessly shifting and perhaps often beyond their ken. I can't tell you how many paranoid ethnics I've met, and who have told me or announced to others that they were "sure" somebody was prejudiced, or that everyone was watching them, etc. If they were right one out of 100 times, I would be very surprised. And I know what it's like; I grew up in the Pacific, where I was usually the only white kid on my block, or for many blocks, and the prejudice was actually fierce, overt, and violent in some places. I know what prejudice and paranoia and fear are.

One thing they shouldn't be is recreational or in any way indulged in. That just gives a slap in the face to people who really do have problems and are not indulging themselves in fantasy. And it makes the majority look at the minority as a bunch of whiners crying wolf.

Now I'm not saying that your friend isn't nervous, or that being nervous isn't natural. In this crazy world, you'd be nuts not to be. But people claiming getting the willies means anything should be laughed at out loud, when possible. Certainly the heebie jeebies should not be taken as concrete proof or even something notable. What is notable is that in a country with a population approaching 300 million which suffered the biggest act of war on its soil in half a century, violent reactions against Muslims were quite few.

I do figure it's only a matter of time before an atomic bomb gets detonated in the U.S. by Muslim terrorists. When that happens, I fear for our constitution. It's not on the strongest of grounds as it is today anyway. I'll fear for what happens to non-Muslims as much as Muslims. But we haven't all gone crazy yet, or even done so in numbers worth speaking of. Quite the contrary. That day may very well yet come. But we seem to me to be an incredibly long way away from it, if even something on the order of 9/11 could barely budge us a hair toward it.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I do figure it's only a matter of time before an atomic bomb gets detonated in the U.S. by Muslim terrorists. When that happens, I fear for our constitution. It's not on the strongest of grounds as it is today anyway. I'll fear for what happens to non-Muslims as much as Muslims.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. All the calls for 'understanding' towards muslims will be gone once the bombs start popping off here left and right. And when the muslims explode their nuclear weapons in the U.S. I am sure there will still be people calling for 'tolerance' towards the muslims. I think I'm going to move to Tahiti or somewhere while I still can..