Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Gamboool: Big Turn Semibluff Deep PP 2/4 6max

[ QUOTE ]
great post and nh fim.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks to you and all other posters who responded

[ QUOTE ]
couple of questions... what do you think you pushed villain off of?

[/ QUOTE ]

AA or KK almost certainly, with QQ in there maybe 5% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
2nd - if you were villain, having no read on hero, would you call in that spot with a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

with a set, yes, but with his hand, nope. If you look at the odds he's being offered on a call and then go over the math and my likely holdings, he's most often against a hand which has him drawing to two outs or stone dead here, hence i would have to be making a move a healthy amount of the time here (which i won't in general as most players in this game are so call happy) for him to call. an analogous situation would be getting bet/3bet all-in on a board of 942 with a flush draw present when i hold KK. his NFD semibluff has so much pot equity (~50%) and his made hands have me so destroyed (2 outs) that I'm willing to fold here even if he has a flush draw a good percentage of the time. the math is easy to figure out that percentage.

[ QUOTE ]
peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

fim
Old 07-20-2005, 12:07 PM

thanks for the comment fsu. When I try plays like this, I often get called and tell my self FPS sucks. but I think it's just that I pick the wrong opponents that will seldom fold overpairs in this situation to begin with. I'll try more of these plays next time I find rocks @ my table.

just out of curiosity fim, if turn blanks, and villan again bets with 2/3~psb are you giving this one up?
Old 07-20-2005, 12:41 PM

Were you planning this line all along? Calling the preflop raise hoping that you flop a sneaky trips or a flush draw AND he bets the flop and turn when checked to AND he'll lay down an overpair?

I mean, given the action up to the turn your semi bluff is just fine. My objection is that you got there. Calling out of position preflop getting only 2-1 and being heads up with 45s is not my cup of tea without a good read on the guy. It's too expensive to try unless he's either A) weak passive and will pay you off like mad, or B) weak tight and can easily be pushed out of the pot.

What was your thought process on the flop? What was your plan given his turn action and the turn card? What if you didn't pick up the draw and he bet 225?

It just seems like the conditions had to be very right and he had to be capable of laying down a big hand here. It worked in this case, but I'm not sure I like it without a better read.

Kings
Old 07-20-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you planning this line all along? Calling the preflop raise hoping that you flop a sneaky trips or a flush draw AND he bets the flop and turn when checked to AND he'll lay down an overpair?

I mean, given the action up to the turn your semi bluff is just fine. My objection is that you got there. Calling out of position preflop getting only 2-1 and being heads up with 45s is not my cup of tea without a good read on the guy. It's too expensive to try unless he's either A) weak passive and will pay you off like mad, or B) weak tight and can easily be pushed out of the pot.

What was your thought process on the flop? What was your plan given his turn action and the turn card? What if you didn't pick up the draw and he bet 225?

It just seems like the conditions had to be very right and he had to be capable of laying down a big hand here. It worked in this case, but I'm not sure I like it without a better read.

Kings

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP stated that his opponent was a weak-tight regular that he had ~3000 hands on .
Old 07-20-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The OP stated that his opponent was a weak-tight regular that he had ~3000 hands on

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. Somehow thought he was referring to UTG as the weak tight.

nh, that is all

Kings