Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What would you rather have sex with?
A hot womens Dead Body (been dead for 24 hours, and no visible wounds) 110 79.71%
a sexy man ( he does you in the butt) 28 20.29%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Golf question

I'm amazed at how many good long irons/fairway woods plaers we have here. It's the area that people need the most help with.

I'd say it's the hardest area for most golfers.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:26 PM

Maybe I should explain my previous post. You should pick approach shots unless you are just extraordinarily bad at another phase. Even if you hit a horrible drive, odds are Tiger could get you near or on the green from just about anywhere. However, I suppose there are some good ball strikers out there who just can't put, so maybe approach shots isn't always the right answer.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm amazed at how many good long irons/fairway woods plaers we have here. It's the area that people need the most help with.

I'd say it's the hardest area for most golfers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of the question was that you get Tiger's help for one shot per hole. Even I, a crappy golfer, do not have cause to hit a long iron/fairway wood more than a couple times per round, so his assistance would be wasted.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:32 PM

I can only drive 220-240 yards, but usually I'm pretty good at hitting the fairway.

At most courses I play on, the holes aren't long enough to force me to have to hit long irons.

I'm a very good chipper (probably the best element of my game), adaquate at pitching and ... OK, I can't hit out of sand to save my life.

When I'm playing consistently, I can putt OK. Right now, I couldn't three-putt from 20 feet.

Still, I'm taking approach shots. If I drive like I usually do, and Tiger sets me up from 10-15 feet with his approach, I can handle the putting.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:05 PM

I am around the green in 2 on most every hole (par 4), but my chipping/pitching is pretty bad, so I would have him do that. He's going to put it within a few feet of the hole, and I make a hell of a lot more 3-4 foot putts than I do 10-15 foot putts.

Also, if you hit a huge drive on a short par 4, does your next shot of 30 yards or so count as an approach or a chip/pitch?
Old 07-18-2005, 10:11 PM

Putting from the fringe with a fairway wood. It's the only part of my game I need him for...

...or this...

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I voted approach shots. I think this applies more to the courses I play. If I hit a good drive, he'd most likely stiff it with a short iron, and if I hit a poor drive, he'd recover better and more frequently than I could.

If I were forced to play the courses he plays, from the tees he plays , I would definitely want him to tee off, because I doubt I'd ever reach the fairway on some of those holes with a long carry.

[/ QUOTE ]

(fixed a little bit...I'd still tee off if on his courses, but from the whites...)
Old 07-18-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can drive as long as tiger, so i dont need help there

but my iron play sucks a$$

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be wanting the accuracy of his drives more than the yardage.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's 168th in driving accuracy this year. But 4th in GIR. That's how incredible his iron play is, and hence I believe approach shot is the correct answer for the majority of players.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:18 PM

One more - are people assuming the par 3 shots are approach shots? If so, that would swing me toward having TW hit the approach shots.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One more - are people assuming the par 3 shots are approach shots? If so, that would swing me toward having TW hit the approach shots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I'd consider Par 3's approach shots.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:58 AM

OK, switch me from drives to approach shots..