Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Who are the worlds best 7-Stud players?

If I recall correctly, the word that Ciaffone uses to describe Lott's shorthanded game is "murderous." And that was only one game for an hour or so while a couple of live ones went to dinner. And there's a big difference between limit stud and NLHE. And Ciaffone's point wasn't that Ray can't play shorthanded; it was that they made a mistake by keeping the game going without the producers (and I'm not sure I agree with this). And I could go on. It is ludicrous for you to suggest that Ray is not a great short-handed player based on
this single anecdote.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:43 AM

It is terrible to assume anyone can't play one game shorthanded because they can't play a different game short handed

Just terrible.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:01 PM

"Both Bob Ciaffone and Zee get mauled by Lott the game was NLH. Sure it was not stud but it was shorthanded"

Yes, and from this you deduce that Zee can't play shorthanded. Sigh. Really, Andy nailed it with non sequitur, which applies to everything you have said in this thread.

-Michael
Old 07-24-2005, 12:17 AM

i dont remember that game but bob,s game is good shorthanded and steve's game is a full table game mostly. although he is an excellent player all around at holdem. but plays very tight.
for the record seven stud and no limit holdem are my best games and the ones i like to play most. and shorthanded is my favorite time. five handed is best as a full table is boringly slow and three or four you must pay constant attention and thats too much work.
i used to specialize in getting headup no limit games. i still would play most anyone but top players as i never saw a reason to. as that is just an ego trip most of the time and only tends to hurt your future games if you beat a name player, which you had little or no real edge in the first place.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:14 AM

complete. sentences. rule!
Old 07-24-2005, 05:59 AM

Thanks Ray for setting the record straight.
It would be nice to know what you think of my list on the top stud players.
i dont know but at high limits with a lot of world class players I would guess its an ego trip with the lead constantly shifting form one to the other top class player so who's the best may just be relative to what point in the game you pick.
My thoughts are that the best ever may have been Johnny Moss?
Old 07-24-2005, 06:02 AM

Whats Phil Ivey done in Stud?
There are at least 10 players with better records. Also
Thanks Ray for setting the record straight.
It would be nice to know what you think of my list on the top stud players.
i dont know but at high limits with a lot of world class players I would guess its an ego trip with the lead constantly shifting form one to the other top class player so who's the best may just be relative to what point in the game you pick.
My thoughts are that the best ever may have been Johnny Moss?
Old 07-24-2005, 11:30 AM

i would have to base a list on the players that play the highest stud game day in and day out. and at the same time played for years with the results speaking for themselves.
i personally do not think tourny results mean a great deal in judging a persons game. tournys are about strategy not playing ability at a game.
players like
danny robinson
roger moore
david hayden
rod pardee
tommy cress and quite a few others played for years and had the respect of being the ones you feared most in the game.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:40 AM

I've heard of Rodger Moore he's in the hall of fame.i'll check out the others on the net. there are some older players who were fantastics, the fans know nothing about them. Crandell Addington is one of them
Old 07-25-2005, 01:36 AM

crandell never ever played stud. he played in texas some and only came to the world series at the end for the big tourny.
i know lots of names get thrown around these days and thats okay. but few players are left that have played and known them so most of what you here is speculation and that is usually wrong. not that i am right by the way, but i do know most of all the greats and have played with them at all games and stakes. and i still believe that tourny records are meaningless to determine a players ability at a game.
i havent been to vegas in the last five years so have no opinion on the new stars that have arrived as of yet. and those that do play at the highest levels i presume are great players at that situation.