Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: My book: \"Professional Poker\"

Hi Mason,

Thanks for your reply. I agree with some parts of what you wrote, disagree (or might point out exceptions) for some other stuff. No biggie, we’ll just agree to disagree. On my quote that compares my books (including the yet published ones) to Two Plus Two’s, I just wanted to point out that on the page where I wrote that, there are two separate self-deprecating lines of humor that I believe may soften my hyperbole in context.

Other than that, let me just say thanks for writing the following, “Keep in mind that we at Two Plus Two have supported other books not done by us which are clearly good books. (King Yao's recent effort is a current example.) We have nothing against you and wish you success in the future.”

I appreciate that and will just let my book speak for itself.

Best regards,
Mark Blade
Old 07-26-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But do keep in mind that on page 174 of Professional Poker you wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
After my own books, the next best ones are usually anything that Two Plus Two Publishing puts out. That is the book company run by Mason Malmuth and David Sklansky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have a lot of nerve to make a statement like this given that, as far as I can tell, your other two books don't even exist yet.

So you're complaining about my neutral comment concerning your book when I haven't finished it, and yet apparently it's alright for you to make comments comparing our books to your yet to exist books.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason, you REALLY need to get off of your high horse on that specific comment. If you can't see the intended humor/acknowledgement that Mark intended with his statement, then it's time for a long vacation.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

After my own books, the next best ones are usually anything that Two Plus Two Publishing puts out. That is the book company run by Mason Malmuth and David Sklansky.

I think you have a lot of nerve to make a statement like this given that, as far as I can tell, your other two books don't even exist yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason, I have officially lost any remaining respect for you (other than as a poker thinker). This IMHO is the single most idiotic statement I have read on these forums. Mason, you need to do some serious rethinking about your attitudes toward your own customers and those that attempt to compliment you.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:29 PM

Yikes, I think i'll go buy your book Mark, just because of your ability to remain calm in the face of not so kind words.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This doesn't help your cause even though your passion for your work is impressive. But do keep in mind that on page 174 of Professional Poker you wrote:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez Mason, are you for real?
Old 07-26-2005, 09:23 PM

I think someone somehow managed to hack his account and is playing a prank on all of us.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:00 PM

Bottom line: will the book make me money or lose me money. Forget the niceties, this is about cold hard cash.

I don't know whether Mark's new book will help or will not as I have not read it. I sincerely hope it will and hope he will have great success especially if it will bring me success.

In the mean time, I appreciate any nitpicking and comments both positive and negative, as it will help me in determining the value of this book.

Besides, any advertising is good advertising for Mark.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Besides, any advertising is good advertising for Mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and Mason, with his comments, probably drives more people to Mark's book than he could ever imagine. Plus, he loses more and more respect everytime he throws his words upon a post. I used to read his posts looking for insight, now I just laugh at the childishness.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Plus, he loses more and more respect everytime he throws his words upon a post. I used to read his posts looking for insight, now I just laugh at the childishness.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This doesn't help your cause even though your passion for your work is impressive. But do keep in mind that on page 174 of Professional Poker you wrote:

Quote:

So you're complaining about my neutral comment concerning your book when I haven't finished it, and yet apparently it's alright for you to make comments comparing our books to your yet to exist books.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly he thinks very highly of you and david and your books and wanted to show his gratitude by plugging the 2+2 name, whether or not you think its needed.

this may have been a poor choice of wording by mark, but you have made a much bigger mistake with your ego trip.