Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Muslim Immigrants: Importing Terrorists?

ACPlayer, you should do your own research then form a view, rather than taking anyone's viewpoint.

You have probably read ABOUT Islam from some Western, slanted sources.

May I suggest instead that you read Islam itself (the Koran), and the views and interpretations of *Muslim* Islamic scholars, rather than Western scholars, to form a more accurate view of what Islam REALLY says.

After all, who probably knows more about Islam: An Occidental scholar--or an Imam who has lived, breathed and studied Islam his entire life?
Old 07-16-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: All eyes to Mecca

spoohunter, you misread my words and therefore researched the wrong thing.

I said "terrorism against the West" not "terrorism inside the United States."

Now do your research again, if you wish, and get back to me.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:09 PM

I have likely read a broader spectrum.

But you still miss my point. You need to understand why lay Muslims are willing to do the bidding of the extremists and commit the sin of suicide. The reason for that is similar to the reasons of the IRA, the Tamil Tigers, The ANC terrorist, etc, etc. Your focus on the extremist interpretation is leading your analysis astray.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:13 PM

So Terrorists acts committed in the united states do not fall under your category of terrorism against the west?

Because I thought we were talking about how muslims are coming over to the U.S. and committing all these acts of terrorism. I guess I'm just confused. We're not talking about how dangerous towelheads are. Are we?

Edited in :

Note 9/11 is included in these "terrorists incidents" which I believe would be lablled as a terrorist act against the west.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But you still miss my point. You need to understand why lay Muslims are willing to do the bidding of the extremists and commit the sin of suicide. The reason for that is similar to the reasons of the IRA, the Tamil Tigers, The ANC terrorist, etc, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the history of Islam is of warring against and terrorizing or subjugating non-Muslims (with the popular phenomenon of suicide bombing being a more recent development). Mohammed himself even led Muslims into many wars of conquest.

[ QUOTE ]
Your focus on the extremist interpretation is leading your analysis astray.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that the extremist interpretation mirrors the literal interpretation very closely.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:18 PM

I was referring to terrorism against the West: which includes Europe, England, Australia, U.S. and U.S. interests overseas, etc.

Sorry for any confusion.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:22 PM

Then clearly my evidence applies. Not as a conclusive answer, but as a first step in solving the problem of whether or not you are just randomly making stuff up.

You say towelheads commit all sorts of heinous acts and hence shouldn't be allowed to immigrate.

I say you're lying.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then clearly my evidence applies. Not as a conclusive answer, but as a first step in solving the problem of whether or not you are just randomly making stuff up.

You say towelheads commit all sorts of heinous acts and hence shouldn't be allowed to immigrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not making stuff up, and moreover,m I DON'T say that.

[ QUOTE ]
I say you're lying.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have managed to misquote me twice now so who's lying?
Old 07-16-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But the history of Islam is of warring against and terrorizing or subjugating non-Muslims

[/ QUOTE ]

And from this you conclude that Islam is an evil religion. The History of the World is of warring against and terrorizing or subjugating others. In the names of many many religions.

So, yes Islam is evil and should be banned by rational people and SO SHOULD ALL OTHER RELIGIONS AS THEY ARE EQUALLY EVIL AND CAUSE MUCH ANGUISH PAIN AND INTOLERANCE.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:48 AM

Most of the posters here don't seem to be responding to the OP's question about whether America should allow muslims to immigrate. Since non-americans do not have the right to become americans, this is not a rights question. It is a political question to be decided by americans. And I agree with Felix that the answer is that we have every reason not to allow such immigrants, or students for that matter, at least for a period of like 20 years. We have no need for them here, as asian immigrants provide all we need in the way of educated technical workers, and mexicans provide all we need in the way of any other type of workers. Since the oil rich arab countries have more than adequate resources, let them import muslim immigrants and students. But of course they won't do that since when they could be providing meaningful financial aid to palestinians to improve their economic well-being, they instead choose just to compensate families of homicide bombers who murder israelis.