FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's your line?
Bet/call (fold the river) 2 5.26%
Check 1 2.63%
Bet/fold 8 21.05%
Bet/call (call the river) 27 71.05%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2005, 02:31 AM

Default OK, is it Everyday Struggle or Everyday Struggles?

IMO they fvcked up on the remaster's titles. The plural was never used in the song, and on Miss You he talks about "all the niggas in the struggle".

BTW, I didn't vote in the poll yet. It's a question I've, er, struggled [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] with for years. Still ain't have an answer.

Oh, hell, "Things Done Changed" I guess, just cuz its the first track and it was so mindblowing to hear it for the first time. By an eyelash over Respect. And MGFunk. And Friend Of Mine. And Everyday Struggl"E".... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: your favorite song from \"ready to die\"

So are you saying that even tho you don't like Big's songs, you respect him as a lyricist?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: your favorite song from \"life after death\"

Last Day, by a ghetto mile. Best track ever with >2 rappers. I always thought people got exposed by rapping w/Big(esp. Method Man although The What is such a great track it could've been Vanilla Ice on there), but The Lox was great. Had never heard of them before. Anyone know which of the three verses was done by Jadakiss, Sheek Louch, and Styles P?

It would be a tie Long Kiss Goodnight if all of Puff's ranting could be stripped of it. Never did much like Bone-Thugs although Notorious Thugs is OK.

LAD has to be the greatest guest MC album ever. I mean, who's missing?

Is there software out there the would allow you to reverse engineer a track and let you take off stuff you don't like?
Old 07-14-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So are you saying that even tho you don't like Big's songs, you respect him as a lyricist?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what I was saying, but this is what I think. I'm not a big of fan of his, but he is a good emcee. His flow and charisma was great.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:02 PM

the what.

those 3 seconds where big and method man are both rapping at the same time sounds so sweet. it's way overdue to get sampled.

juicy, of course, is also a classic.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:41 AM

"...ya don't want to fvck with the B-I-G/M-G/E-I/T-E/H-O-D..." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's a great beat, like you say can't believe its never been sampled, and some of Big's best rhymes: Twinkie filling, played out like Arnold, trees to branches & cliffs to avalanches, etc.

I love Big's outro: "..Bed-Stuyvesan', the livest one, my borough is thorough, recogni'.."

Great tune, and I really don't care for MethMan & it sounded like he had a cold that day. Imagine this track w/Tupac or Too Short on it instead!
Old 07-15-2005, 11:06 AM

One of my favorite albums of all time. Its one of those albums you can listen to straight through without skipping any songs. "Gimme the loot Gimme the loot, I'm a bad man."