Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Getting a MHNL Moderator - ref: is this forum going to hell?

I really like the idea of having multiple monitors share the duties. If the duties required less of a time committment finding volunteers should be a lot easier. Why couldn't the players whose names have been prominently suggested form a committee to put this thing together?
Old 07-12-2005, 01:00 PM

I'm more than happy to help out, I browse the forums quite a lot.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:56 PM

I like FSU's suggestion of multiple monitors, probably makes it easier for them to do their job and sort everything out. I also agree with what people are saying about the split. I don't know if there is enough material to split our forum into 3 forums, but I also feel that the 2/4 hands (at least 1/2 of them) have got to go...

Being that I'm taking a year off and will have a lot of time on my hands, I'd be happy to be a mod. with others...
Old 07-12-2005, 01:59 PM

Actually, I browse this forum a lot from work every day, so if we need more mods, I'd be willing to share in the duties...
Old 07-12-2005, 02:01 PM

I reckon AZK would be a great mod.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:32 PM

(x-posted)

I think I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think a moderator is needed.....in addition to people reviewing their own posts by keeping in mind some of the things people have listed, I personally think the forum would be much better served to have some kind of live/online split.....I think No-Limit Hold'em is a very different game when played in person vs. on the internet - perhaps more different than any other poker game.....I doubt this split is going to happen because of the number of avid online NL players on the forum, but in addition to vying for it, perhaps I can also suggest that people make more of a point to specify "live" or "online" in their subject headings......
Old 07-12-2005, 03:45 PM

I have to somewhat side with bkholdem here. While the SSNL forum does have some excellent posters, such as the ones you describe, I have been very disappointed with the kind of responses I've been getting in general (with some exceptions, of course - xorbie, fimbulwinter). Perhaps it's because I post in the middle of the night, I don't know. Most of the time, though, it does seem like a "bunch of 25NL players" missing the point of my post.

I was planning on just posting here when I moved up to 400NL but it looks like people are starting to poo-poo that idea (although I remember not long ago when FSUplayer posted his 2/4 hands and they were excellent posts and I think a lot of people learned a lot from them).

If I can't post my 2/4 hands here, I DEFINITELY need a 1/2 - 3/6 forum to use.

PS Worstplayer if you could reply to some of my posts, I'd be appreciative as I enjoy your posts. I'd do the same for you but most of your recent posts have been shorthanded ones and I don't excel in that area.

Ryan
Old 07-12-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can get some very good quality responses in SSNL. Of course you will get some crap responses (same as here) but if you and other quality players would contribute your responses there the forums would all be better off.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't disagree with you but it's not crap responses that put me off. It's just that it's dispiriting seeing your one hand post for the month disappear into oblivion with no responses while the forum lavishes its attention on another Move of f***** Honour post.

The main problem is the new thread/reply ratio but that's a problem in all forums at this site. Everyone would like to split their forum and for that reason I doubt it'll happen. We've got to make best use of what we've got now.

James
Old 07-12-2005, 05:49 PM

Default sounds like 3 or 4 is the way to go.

i think AZK, yeti, gomberg, and if needed, myself, would be a good list of guys who are around these forums a good amount and have proven to have good judgement about things.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: sounds like 3 or 4 is the way to go.

[ QUOTE ]
i think AZK, yeti, gomberg, and if needed, myself, would be a good list of guys who are around these forums a good amount and have proven to have good judgement about things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I PM'd mat yesterday. he has the link to this thread, so i don't think there's much else we can do.

fim