Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Why do they hate us?

[ QUOTE ]
So it would certainly help if nobody hated us (as if that is even a possibility for anyone in this world), but that would not stop the problems of jihadism or terrorism entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are damm right
Old 07-10-2005, 10:17 AM

Bill Clinton maintained the Iraqi sanctions and air raids, sent American troops to intervene in civil wars in Bosnia and Kosovo,

FYI, Bosnia and Kosovo were NATO actions, not specifically US unilateral actions. So were thethe Iraq sanctions (well UN based sanctions not US)

Melch
Old 07-10-2005, 10:37 AM

I love it when people take hundreds of years of foreign policy and isolate some bad decisions and make it seem that those were the only major decisions the US made.

They conveinently forget all of the good the US has accomplished even to this day. The aid they give to nations that dwarfs the aid given by any other single country . especially those europeans that seem to think they are better than us simply because they are european.

Yes the US has screwed up over the course of their existence, but its not like they are alone. Its not like we are germany and have a holocaust in our history.

People can hate america all they want. THey mainly due so out of jealousy. OTherwise, why do their people continually flee their homelands and move to america? If america was so outrageous and evil i would think people wouldnt want to be a part of it.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. especially those europeans that seem to think they are better than us simply because they are european.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you actually have some real facts to back up that statement?
Old 07-10-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Baloney or perhaps pickled herrings?

As one of the few poster who has been to Norway (although about 20 years ago) I can confirm that the women were very hot and very friendly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 03:22 PM

I have made similiar statements in this forum and some of the English posters have confirm this sentiment. I think the average European think themselves more sophisticated/smarter than we Americans. Which is OK with me. This belief is harmless.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Baloney or perhaps pickled herrings?

[ QUOTE ]
As one of the few poster who has been to Norway (although about 20 years ago) I can confirm that the women were very hot and very friendly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you that guy with the Sixers-shirt? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Harry Browne...Thy Name is Fool

And Wilson cooperated when the British reneged on their pledge of freedom and independence to the Arabs in exchange for their support of the Allies in World War I.
This is such an ignorant statement Wilson had close to zero influence with regard to the Arabs. Wilson made no such promise to the Arabs. American troops were fighting in France. BRITISH troops/British Administrators dealt with the Arabs. Harry Browne made himself look like a fool with this silly statement.

Franklin Roosevelt..............sacrificed the freedoms and independence of people in Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Romania, Poland, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Albania, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, and China — to satisfy his own ambition to be the world leader who would guarantee peace.
This is laughable. Stalin broke his promises like all communist dictators do. What did Harry Browne expect FDR to do? Invade Eastern Europe? And then perhaps invade Russia? I had no idea Harry Browne could be such an ignorant fool. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Harry made other assinine statements in this article which I have no desire to disect. Evidently history is not Harry's forte'. I'm disappointed in Harry. He was the libertarian candidate for president and I thought he was intelligent. After reading this article, I now know I was wrong.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People can hate america all they want. THey mainly due so out of jealousy. OTherwise, why do their people continually flee their homelands and move to america? If america was so outrageous and evil i would think people wouldnt want to be a part of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't there another thread about this?

Consider this: there are people that hate America. There are people who are jealous of America, some of which come here if they get the chance.

The hateful and the jealous are NOT NECESSARILY THE SAME PEOPLE!!! Those that hate us are not the ones who envy us and come here.

-ptmusic
Old 07-11-2005, 02:39 AM

Default It\'s called Denial

[ QUOTE ]
I love it when people take hundreds of years of foreign policy and isolate some bad decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Some bad decisions" ?!

Dude, the OP gave you a crapload of "imperialist acts of aggression" over the course of American history!

You think some bad decisions is not too big a thingy in poker as well?... Not even when they happen allatime?