Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Don\'t Use Prophecy!

Party Poker sent me an e-mail yesterday saying that that I was using illegal software and using it again would mean forfiture of the funds in my account (over $7,000). I e-mailed them back and apparently the bad program is Poker Prophecy. I am rather pissed about basically being called a cheater in the first e-mail and being treated like this as I pay them a so much in rake every month and their term and conditions are so vague. It's very scary that they can just take your money. I'd suggest everyone stop using it. Here is a copy of the second e-mail. Anyone else have anything similar happen?

[ QUOTE ]
Dear xxxxxx,

PartyPoker strictly prohibits usage of programs that:

1) Automate playing of the hand in any way
2) Participate in collusion or any other cheating methods
3) Use any information which may provide you with an unfair advantage through cheating

We detect and block programs that fall in any of the above categories. Usage of such programs may result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per our Terms and Conditions.

Our system has detected that you have been using ýPokerprophecyý, ýPokerprophecyý falls in the above categories and usage of ýPokerprophecyý will result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per our Terms and Conditions.

Sincerely,

Karthik
Investigations Team
alerts@partypoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]