Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: dividing HUSH

[ QUOTE ]
Also $1/$2 - $5/$10 games are pretty much the same texture,

[/ QUOTE ]

This really is untrue.

Rob
Old 08-25-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play 5/10. Us noobs benefit greatly from sharing the forum with people like rory, schneids, nate, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so often they dont, because they have discussed most issues previously. All 3 are must reads in the archives.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*BUMP*

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been suggested by a few of us to Mat, and I posted it in the mod's forum. The suggested split is 2-ways, 10/20+ and 5/10- for now. I'll keep you all updated.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only people who dont want the split are selfish/ignorant 5/10 or lower players thinking they will no longer get advice from higher limit players

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think a split is a good idea and i dont think i fit into your category

the higher limit players can learn plenty from the small stakes players - there is no reason why a 1/2 hand cant be as interesting as a 30/60 hand - there may be differences in the way that a 1/2 game should be played as compared to a 30/60 game but sometimes a 30/60 game should be played just like a typical 1/2 game

as someone who regularly plays a 40/80 game i am more interested to read posts about higher limits but its more about who is posting and what its about - for example naphand has posted plenty of stuff about low limits which is valuable reading for any player (regardless of how right or wrong his views and conclusions may be) - i surf this board plenty and i regularly read great low limit posts that are full of challenging questions

as someone pointed out in a recent thread this forum stands out as one of the best at this site for information and atmosphere - as for irrelevant repeated questions i dont think there are so many of them that it creates a problem - i am generally happy to spend 2 minutes of my time passing on to a new poster something i picked up here years ago - if i and other posters werent happy to share what we think and know there would be no forum at all - it is a strength of this forum that it has a constant stream of new posters

its not broken so dont fix it

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 08-25-2005, 10:30 PM

There should be a strictly heads-up + three-handed forum.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:58 PM

i don't think a divide is necessary. i find this by far the best section on 2+2 already. i also think a lot of players (like myself) straddle between 5-10 and 10-20 a good bit.

if there is a split i'd second humongous and say it should be HU/3 handed and 4-6 handed. (although it'd be tougher to come up w/catchy names for these divisions) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dont you guys remember how micro/small stakes/mid high works.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually a good point, because those split forums work pretty well. Much better than the NL/PL ones that I was taking as my precedent. They work because there are indeed higher limit players (e.g. clark and CDC) who can be bothered to help out the lower limit guys, which is wonderful.

I only hope the same holds for the split HUSH.

It was sweet of you to call me selfish and ignorant, too.

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd not consider myself a great player as I'm only beating 5/10, but I'd definately help out the lower people if the forums were to split.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:08 PM

I will still respond to lower limit posts too. Don't underestimate how bored a lot of us get.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only people who dont want the split are selfish/ignorant 5/10 or lower players thinking they will no longer get advice from higher limit players.

[/ QUOTE ]

And who are the people who want the split? Selfish 10/20 players who don't want to have to sift through posts from less experienced players?

Seriously, I don't even understand the impetus behind those who want the split. Is HUSH considered too large by iself? I like the suggestion by an earlier poster that people simply indicate in the title of posts the stakes involved, as many already do.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There should be a strictly heads-up + three-handed forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be cool, but do you think there would be enough interest?