Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Disturbing e-mail from partypoker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You received this e-mail from Empire or Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so I clarify it too, I wasn't playing either at the time. (still haven't played this morning but I had Empire open when I received the email)

Received from: info@empirepoker.com

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at EmpirePoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such program. Please note that EmpirePoker.com's Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs and, in conjunction with our client, we request that you immediately stop using the program. In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account will be deemed forfeited. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

Regards,
Investigations Team for Poker
alerts@empirepoker.com
http://www.empirepoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I predict a mass exodus of 2+2ers to UB...
Old 07-08-2005, 11:44 AM

Here's a post that might be interesting: another post

This sounds good:
[ QUOTE ]
For programs which displays player statistics and simply calculates
poker odds we currently do not have restrictions to stop such applications
from running in conjunction with our software.

[/ QUOTE ]

This however sounds a bit disturbing:
[ QUOTE ]
At the outset let me explain to you that information procured from
PartyPoker through legitimate accounts which in turn are entitled to
receive any game records of their play (as long as its for their
analysis/use) is allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-08-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You received this e-mail from Empire or Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so I clarify it too, I wasn't playing either at the time. (still haven't played this morning but I had Empire open when I received the email)

Received from: info@empirepoker.com

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at EmpirePoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such program. Please note that EmpirePoker.com's Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs and, in conjunction with our client, we request that you immediately stop using the program. In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account will be deemed forfeited. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

Regards,
Investigations Team for Poker
alerts@empirepoker.com
http://www.empirepoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I predict a mass exodus of 2+2ers to UB...

[/ QUOTE ]

AWESOME.

Orange
Old 07-08-2005, 11:53 AM

Yeah, you weren't using it at the time. But have you used it in the past? It is certainly possible that the email is not generated and delivered the moment it sees the offending software.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you weren't using it at the time. But have you used it in the past? It is certainly possible that the email is not generated and delivered the moment it sees the offending software.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT or Poker Edge? I've never used Poker Edge before since I mainly play SNGs and I've also been gone this whole past week when it became the new fad on 2+2. For PT, sure, I've used it before while playing with PV but that was a long time ago. I'm not trying to start any PT rumors or anything but I'm just trying to report that I might have received the same email because of it.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only thing I had open was Empire + PT which was idle in the background after I checked some stats. I've never have/had Poker Edge

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-08-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe it is Pokeredge. Specifically that it is networked to other players and that if someone running PE was unscrupulous they could have access to all those PC's at the same time.

Orange

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god, the ignorance is blinding. PE talks to a central database. You have ZERO access to anyone elses computer.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:06 PM

This is not disturbing, it's awesome.

Lori
Old 07-08-2005, 12:17 PM

" I've understood that any program that controls my ACTIONS is illegal"

Party have made it clear since the day that prophecy was released that sharing data is against their rules.

It has been posted on this forum by me alone several times, and by other people many more times than that.

Lori
Old 07-08-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh my god, the ignorance is blinding. PE talks to a central database. You have ZERO access to anyone elses computer.

[/ QUOTE ]
True in it's 'current' state. But to go from it's current state to a form where users can share HHs in real-time, even able to know each other's current hole cards (another PE users hole cards ofcourse), is a very small leap. Simply reducing that 5 minute HH download delay to 1 second may be enough to take care of it.