Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Online poker from scratch

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with pokerstars. The interface leaves something to be desired

[/ QUOTE ]
Was does it leave to be desired? I think Stars has the best interface of any site I've played on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-10-2005, 06:22 AM

I started in Paradise.

I love the software and they have lots of lower limits.

Make sure you sign up via one of the rakebacks - see all the adverts here for your choice.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:28 AM

Na, he just forgot to add the bit that says "BTW, if you sign up through this link: http://IWillMakeMoneyFromYou.com then I will be able to arrange a $5 bonus for you.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2005, 01:32 AM

i would say to play the party $25 NL and PL tables, put $15 on each table and play very tight, the bad players will pay off your best hands and you will have $200 in no time. Try to limp with pairs and hit sets, those really get payed off there. I would just keep real tight untill you have more money to play with. i was in the same boat as you, i had deposited and lost $200, one hundred at a time. My next $100 i have turned into 5 figures by playing tight and getting my big hands payed off at the begining untill I had a solid bankroll.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:46 AM

you'd prefer they play correctly?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you are a nit! I'm done with you. I do understand it, I live it every day (night actually) and I don't waste my time playing online. If you have nine players chasing and you start the hand ahead preflop, I'd put my money on one of the 9 others out drawing you more times than not but you believe what you want and when you grow up and are old enough to get in a cardroom you'll see that internet poker is a bunch of crap! LOL pissants, you guys got me laughing so hard I blew coffee outta my nose! Personally, I don't give a fat rats ass where you piss your money away at, would just prefer it was at my table. good luck with your nickel and dime crap! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you trying soooo hard to get people into the cardroom? Just because (as you've said in a previous post) you can't focus online because the game selection is too great (or you have problems multitabling, your post doesn't make it clear), doesn't mean that others can't make money on the internet.

P.S. I loved the massive irony that you hate playing online but love internet players because they suck.

Another sucker in the land of plenty.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how much did pokerstars pay you to write that drivel? lol
3.00, turned it into 2000.00. yeah, ok. ouch?!? what was that? oh, that was a pig flying outta my ass! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive pretty much done the same thing. Ive played higher limits for a while. Anyway, I had made my first deposit on PS when I first started out, and had .95 cents left on the site (it had been there for months) -- anyway I got better and had a bankroll and had been playing 15/30 on other sites, came back, saw the .95 cents and wanted to see if I could build another bankroll out of nothing. So I played on and off at pokerstars and banked a BR up for 3/6 (so over $1800 so far) -- I play limit though. Its my best game.

But if you dont suck at poker you can do it, if u do, you will lose any sort of bankroll you can put toghether. Study the game, play alot is all I can say.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:39 AM

First of all that guy from Oklahoma is pretty funny with his elitist attitude about live games, blowing coffee out of his ass and all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Even if the guy has a live game to play at he's not going to want to go to a live cardroom with fifty bucks. And as far as they are concerned they are sooooo old school and outdated unless you are looking to play in bigger games then they have online, where you're going to have to deal with the collusion rackets in addition to all the other crap like travel hotel and so on.

Poker Stars is a good choice for micro limit but with $50 you really don't have to be messing around with 1c/2c limit. You don't have the roll to play 25c/50c unless you're comfortable with replenishing it several times. I'd wait until I proved myself at a lower level before I'd mess with that again.

Party isn't the easiest site to win at even at those low limits. Most of my students come from there and they can't win worth a damn, and I send them to other sites and teach them a few simple things and it's no problem from there. Picking the right site is in fact the most important factor.

I'd go with NL if I were in your shoes right now. The softest games out there for your roll are the $10 buy-ins at Pacific. The players are stupid there at any buy-in or level, and if you can hold your own at the lowest limits at Party you should have no problem beating up on these folks as long as you can stay disciplined. Then you build your stack up and go from there.

KC
Old 07-15-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all that guy from Oklahoma is pretty funny with his elitist attitude about live games, blowing coffee out of his ass and all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Even if the guy has a live game to play at he's not going to want to go to a live cardroom with fifty bucks. And as far as they are concerned they are sooooo old school and outdated unless you are looking to play in bigger games then they have online, where you're going to have to deal with the collusion rackets in addition to all the other crap like travel hotel and so on.

Poker Stars is a good choice for micro limit but with $50 you really don't have to be messing around with 1c/2c limit. You don't have the roll to play 25c/50c unless you're comfortable with replenishing it several times. I'd wait until I proved myself at a lower level before I'd mess with that again.

Party isn't the easiest site to win at even at those low limits. Most of my students come from there and they can't win worth a damn, and I send them to other sites and teach them a few simple things and it's no problem from there. Picking the right site is in fact the most important factor.

I'd go with NL if I were in your shoes right now. The softest games out there for your roll are the $10 buy-ins at Pacific. The players are stupid there at any buy-in or level, and if you can hold your own at the lowest limits at Party you should have no problem beating up on these folks as long as you can stay disciplined. Then you build your stack up and go from there.

KC

[/ QUOTE ]

elitist attitude? that's funny in and of itself coming from a Canadian. ay?
Old 07-15-2005, 12:06 PM

another worthless country heard from. have a good day!