Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Why do Atheists so full of hate ?

Well, you are probably a smart college kid so I understand your arrogance. I was also a smart college kid. Let me tell you something, this is not about IQ. This is about being open minded enough to admit that science and logic cannot encapsulate the whole of human experience.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you are probably a smart college kid so I understand your arrogance. I was also a smart college kid. Let me tell you something, this is not about IQ. This is about being open minded enough to admit that science and logic cannot encapsulate the whole of human experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you open minded enough to admit that religion cannot encapsulate the whole of human experience?

P.S. Can you give some examples or supporting evidence of atheists being "full of hate"? I haven't experienced atheists being any more full of hate than the general random population.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:45 PM

"The compassionate person allows others to maintain beliefs that give them hope and peace. It is a very mean thing to strip a devout person of all they believe in and leave them with nothing."

With rare exceptions, I would disagree. And again I hope the religious people out there understand that the above quoted statement is a patronizing insult to them whether the writer intended it to be or not. I'm getting lots of advice like that (eg " I am an agnostic. And we admit you are smarter than everybody on this forum, David. So why do you have to pick on the religios people to show it? You are as bad as that guy who bullied you in grade school. Pick on people your own size.") That is also more insulting to religious people than it is to me.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the whole point. Science and logic only attempt to encapsulate what can be--encapsulated-- with data and logical processes. Religion attempts to explain everything--or at least much more than can currecntly be explained by science and logic-- with very little basis in fact or reasoning. And about this, yes, I am arrogant. I don't mind in the least that I am.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that a person can be 100% rational.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.