Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 05:52 AM

Default Re: I\'ve Read Barry\'s Book

What do you guys think of J. Harmons limit hold em section of SS2?
Old 07-04-2005, 11:08 AM

Does Barry pat himself on the back in the book as much as he does on his web site?
Old 07-04-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does Barry pat himself on the back in the book as much as he does on his web site?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Barry can pat himself on the back as much as he likes, considering that he is indeed the biggest ring game cash winner out there. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Barry can pat himself on the back as much as he likes, considering that he is indeed the biggest ring game cash winner out there. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also suspect that Mason is the wrong person to ask about that particular issue.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:43 PM

I've looked on various book sites and I've yet to find what the book is about exactly. NL? Limit? Tournament play? What's in the book? What's discussed? Table of contents?
Old 07-04-2005, 03:55 PM

Well, its called a search function. There is also this wonderful thing ppl refer to as google. Not to mention, there is Barry Greenstein's homepage (5 points if u guess the web address) which has some good stuff on what the book is.

Also, looking over the first page of posts in this book forum, you will find a thread that talks about the Table of Contents in the book. Seriously, look harder. Well, not even harder, use your wits and it will take u 5 minutes tops to find what u are looking for.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the [censored] response. I'll refrain from being one myself, since I have respect for others and choose not to treat people like dirt.

As I've said in my post, I've looked through various book sites (amazon.com etc., including the publishers site for the book itself), and none mention what the book is about or the table of contents.

Looking at the first page of posts on this forum, I see no post about the table of contents. Perhaps it's a few pages back, and I'll look for it. But a simple link to the post would have been appreciated.

I was not aware the author had his own personal web site. A link would have been appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT:
I've looked a few pages back in this forum, and do not see a post on the table of contents for this book. I have went to the authors personal web site and it says it's temporarily unavailable.

Would you happen to know where else I could find information on this book at?
Old 07-04-2005, 04:07 PM

Contents of Barry's Book
Old 07-04-2005, 04:10 PM

Thank you kindly.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the [censored] response.

[/ QUOTE ]

The response was polite and honest. Your post asked for people to spoon-feed you info that is readily available. If you are going to be lazy here, you are going to take some heat.

[ QUOTE ]

Looking at the first page of posts on this forum, I see no post about the table of contents. Perhaps it's a few pages back, and I'll look for it. But a simple link to the post would have been appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the moment I am typing this, this thread is the first listed in this forum, and the post with detailed info about the book is the 14th. Anyone who couldn't find it isn't trying.

[ QUOTE ]
I was not aware the author had his own personal web site. A link would have been appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Google is your friend.

[ QUOTE ]
Would you happen to know where else I could find information on this book at?

[/ QUOTE ]

Google is your friend.