Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Early WSoP tactics for Dead Money

1. I don't think the seat I won is transferrable.
2. It's a good vacation. I need a good vacation.
3. Who knows how long I'll be interested in poker, this way I have something to remember. Money is just money (no, I'm not rich, but I have a decent job), participating in the World Championship against best players is a really good experience to put on your "Things I've done" list.
4. It is possible for deadest of the dead money to place in the money. This is not chess.
5. Take taxes into account. WSOP seat is not taxable essentially, while cash is.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:11 PM

Punker, when does your book come out?
Old 06-30-2005, 02:15 PM

I didn't have the option to sell my seat. The MTT satellite I won also gave me a 4500% ROI in cash in addition to the seat, so I'm looking at the WSOP as a freeroll.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Perception vs. Reality vs. Possible Self-delusion

[ QUOTE ]
However, to a Big Time Professional i'd definitely be considered Dead Money until i proved otherwise. Figured i might want to exploit that interpretation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Luvrhino, the tactic you described in your original post doesn't really depend on the BTP perceiving you as Dead Money. In fact the opposite is true: if the BTP has bottom set (for example) and you reraise all-in with a monster draw, you want the BTP to be thinking "this player wouldn't take a risk like that without at least middle set", not "this is some internet player who is being way too aggressive with TPTK".

[ QUOTE ]
Emipre generously transfered my $15.3K WPT entry to the WSoP and gave me the $5300 cash difference after i decided to have brain surgery instead of playing in the first tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's good to know that Empire did the right thing -- I remember reading about this situation on 2+2 last December, and thinking that Empire was being a little greedy by pocketing the $5K difference. Glad to hear that they returned all your equity to you, and of course also glad that you made it through the surgery successfully!