Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Am I a donk?

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the correct play is for you to reraise his raise maybe another $80.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would serve absolutely no purpose except to build the pot. After villain raises, I really don't see him going anywhere for a min-reraise. He would be getting laid 5.75 from the pot at that point, but even disregarding pot odds, I definitely cannot see him folding anything he raised with... at least not for a min-reraise.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would serve absolutely no purpose except to build the pot. After villain raises, I really don't see him going anywhere for a min-reraise. He would be getting laid 5.75 from the pot at that point, but even disregarding pot odds, I definitely cannot see him folding anything he raised with... at least not for a min-reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this a min raise? The blinds are t$15 and your raising t$80???
Old 06-20-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this a min raise? The blinds are t$15 and your raising t$80???

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he bet out 80, so each subsequent raise on that street must be at least 80. If someone bets 80 on the flop, you can't raise it to 100, for example.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:51 PM

You're right. Mine was on the flop. I had just about exact odds to do so. In a cash game, I have no doubts. In a tourney, I still think it was a good call. But, it was early, and I had enough chips to play with had I folded.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS: 3 bet push the flop. You don't want the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] checking behind when he misses the turn, and open pushing a blank turn is just a waste.

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand why a 3 bet or a push on the flop is a good line. I understand why is is dangerous to just check the turn (because he could check behing with the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) or some other draw that beats you. But can someone explain why open pushing a blank turn is "just a waste"? adanthar is a great poster and I am sure I am missing something here. Thanks
P.S. Is donk short for donkey? If it is not what does donk stand for?
Old 06-20-2005, 05:03 PM

Because you're losing your stack when behind while not letting him make the big mistake of calling his chips off on the flop, where you are a 2:1 favorite. Oh, and 1 time in 5 you get blown off your hand while you have outs.

(anyone who now says 'but I can wait for a better spot than 2:1' can shut up, thx. holla)