Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Predictions for the rest of the year

cano is a stud. he has a .301 OBP ya know.

hahahahahha
Old 06-18-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Having Baltimore winning the World Series is a joke. And no, this is not just because I'm a Yankees fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have (when Bedard gets back) two great SP (Bedard and Chen), a great setupman/closer (Julio/Ryan) and a VERY potent offense (Roberts, Tejada, and Mora at 1/2/3 is tops).
Old 06-18-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Having Baltimore winning the World Series is a joke. And no, this is not just because I'm a Yankees fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have (when Bedard gets back) two great SP (Bedard and Chen), a great setupman/closer (Julio/Ryan) and a VERY potent offense (Roberts, Tejada, and Mora at 1/2/3 is tops).

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not go overboard please. Bruce Chen is far from a great pitcher. He may be having a nice year, but it's quite a leap to call him "great" just yet. He is, after all, on his 8th team in 5 years.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not go overboard please. Bruce Chen is far from a great pitcher. He may be having a nice year, but it's quite a leap to call him "great" just yet. He is, after all, on his 8th team in 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, then they have 3 solid SPs to join Bedard who was nasty before getting injured and I'd think this extra time off is just to make sure he's back to normal when he gets back.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:01 PM

*** Y0u 4r3 16n0r1n6 7h15 u53r ***
Old 06-18-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They have (when Bedard gets back) two great SP (Bedard and Chen),

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling either of these guys great is laughable. Especially Chen. The O's offense has been spectacular so far, and if they win the division that is going to be the reason. However, do you really think Roberts and Tejada are going to keep up this TORRID pace? Roberts, certainly not, but even Tejada is hitting WAY beyond his previous career bests.

Baltimore's lead has shrunk to 2 just games over Boston. While Baltimore's lead is NOT just luck (unlike the White Sox lead over Minnesota), they are not likely to continue playing as well as they have been. Boston on the other hand should play a little better the rest of the way. I think the Sox are the favorites at this point, but not by alot.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Baltimore's lead has shrunk to 2 just games over Boston. While Baltimore's lead is NOT just luck (unlike the White Sox lead over Minnesota), they are not likely to continue playing as well as they have been. Boston on the other hand should play a little better the rest of the way. I think the Sox are the favorites at this point, but not by alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all the problems the Sox have had, they're still 8 games over .500 and just 2 games out from overachieving Baltimore. Foulke and Manny are finally coming around. A lot will depend on Schilling, but the Sox have to be the favorites right now.

One more thing...of the last 36 games this season, 24 will be in Fenway. That's going to be huge.

AL East: Boston
Central: Chicago
West: Los Angeles/Anaheim/California
Wild Card: Minnesota

NL East: the NATS! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Central: St. Louis
West: San Diego
Wild Card: Florida
Old 06-18-2005, 02:17 PM

no way. the NYY win the AL east. i mean have you not seen the way they have played to this point? team is solid! and cano? dude has a .301 OBP and his presence keeps womack in the lineup. great managing right there by torre!
Old 06-18-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no way. the NYY win the AL east. i mean have you not seen the way they have played to this point? team is solid! and cano? dude has a .301 OBP and his presence keeps womack in the lineup. great managing right there by torre!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention Jeter's spin moves
Old 06-18-2005, 02:22 PM

Not to mention Jeter's spin moves

jeter has been taking dance classes lately and will be spinning like a mofo come crunch time!