Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: How much to tip the delivery guy?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. You totally ignored my post about tipping baggage handlers in airports. I guess you do like sitting in the airport for 6 hours waiting to find out that your luggage is in a city you've never been in halfway across the country.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't use the queerbag curbside crap. Plus, I lump them in with bellboys anyway. It's the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bathroom attendant? Or do you feel you shouldn't because you bring your own can of wipe ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well [censored] me. Fine. Here's a buck for everybody. Have a good time.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:27 AM

I had the same stuff delivered recently and the delivery charge was $60. I didnt want to tip because of the charge, but the guys (2 of them) came in assembled all the furniture in the room offered suggestions and moved and removed the stuff where we wanted it. One of the guys was really nice so we tipped them $20 (to split). Plus they took away all the plastic and garbage that came with the stuff.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:30 AM

Wow, that delivery charge is nuts.

Mine was $90.

I had over $1700 worth of stuff. Box, mattress, bed frame, dresser, night stand.

I didn't know if I had to tip and by the time I had come back to the room after they had set it up where I wanted (angle and such) and cleaned up they had run out the door.

I did find out later that they had chipped a part of the bed frame which I will be getting replaced free of charge (still pretty big mistake IMO since they should have checked it out before giving me it).

I didn't even think to tip though. I use to be a huge tipper but now I tip well for good service instead of just expected by society.