Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: flop action?

[ QUOTE ]

They are all the normal reasons to slowplay. People forget them. I'm still waiting for someone with a lobotomy to say, "Fastplaying is the new slowplaying".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you make more on this particular flop by just betting out. This is such an action flop that people will be quite content to shuffle in a bet or two. If the flop were Q22 or something, I could see slow-playing.

On this flop, ANYONE with two cards higher than a 9 or 10 will be chasing after this flop: JT isn't going anywhere; KJ isn't going anywhere; AT isn't going anywhere. The flop being rainbow definitely does give more merit to slow-playing, but I just think this flop hit so many hands people will likely limp as well as cold-call with, you make more by playing it straight-forward.

As for your reasons to slow-play, I think they're valid. The problem I have is that while giving a free-card won't hurt, the flop is just begging for action that people will happily pay to see the turn. Also, I don't know that there's any value in trying to disguise your hand in a big field at 2/4. By and large, the players make no attempt to put you on a hand; they don't particularly care what you might be betting or checking or why you're doing so.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:03 PM

Bet youll get called by an ace, if an ace turns you might try to check raise them.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:50 PM

Oh, yeah, oops.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, UTG is cashing out, Button has a 9 and CO bailed. If you had bet out, Button raises, UTG gets the rest of his money in quicker, and you get to 3-bet. I don't really see slow-playing changing this hand for the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.