Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Paying a homeless person to eat dog poop

[ QUOTE ]
is anyone else unimpressed w/ this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The whole thing was just stupid. Was there someone, somewhere that actually believed that eating McDonalds crap six times a day would be good for you? How enlightening this was. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is it wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are basically saying:

- I have $100 that I have no need for.
- I see a homeless person who is in need of food/shelter
- I could be a decent human, and use part of that money (for which I have no need remmeber), and bring him some food or something
- No. I will completely degrade him. Remind him how much better I am than him. And borderline torture another human, who desperately needs the $100 for survival.

Next up: flying to Ethiopia, and eating large buffets in front of starving children.

Again: anyone who doesnt see why this is wrong, is retarded.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:32 PM

Not only immoral, also illegal in most places.
Dog poop is a hazardous waste.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- I have $100 that I have no need for.
- I see a homeless person who is in need of food/shelter
- I could be a decent human, and use part of that money (for which I have no need remmeber), and bring him some food or something
- No. I will completley degrade him. Remind him how much better I am than him. And borderline torture another human, who desperately needs the $100 for survival.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I have no obligation to give away money. It's mine to do with what I want. Using it as I please is not wrong.
2. I'm not degrading him. He's degrading himself. I'm not torturing him. If it is torture, then he's doing it to himself. I offered him a simple yes or no proposition. It's no different than half the prop bets people post here.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- No. I will completley degrade him. Remind him how much better I am than him. And borderline torture another human, who desperately needs the $100 for survival.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then give him $100.

While it is distasteful and I would have a low opinion of anybody who did such a thing - is anybody really arguing that? - I'm still not sold that it is immoral.

Is it immoral when you take $100 that you don't need and use it for your own entertainment instead of giving it to some bum? Couldn't one argue that it is even MORE immoral?
Old 06-16-2005, 01:40 PM

I have to say that it is immoral. If you have the choice between doing a homeless person a favor and giving him $100 OR you wanted him to perform a disgusting stunt for the money, how could you possibly classify the guy demanding a stunt as a moral person? Getting some sort of amusement (or monetary reward, by selling the video tapes) out of watching a dude (homelss or otherwise) eat [censored] is pretty messed up, and demanding that the bum would eat it before you'd give him the cash clearly is the sign of a piece of [censored] individual. So I'll have to call this immoral.

Swede
Old 06-16-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the guy who made Supersize This

[/ QUOTE ]
is anyone else unimpressed w/ this guy? i think there are problems with this "documentary":

[/ QUOTE ]

First, Supersize This is not the movie you're talking about. You are talking about Supersize Me.

Second, we have no proof this guy actually paid homeless people to eat dog poop, this is called a "rumor."

arg... if you want to talk about the movie, start a new thread or pick up the one from a few months ago.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. I'm not degrading him. He's degrading himself. I'm not torturing him. If it is torture, then he's doing it to himself. I offered him a simple yes or no proposition. It's no different than half the prop bets people post here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are showing a complete inability to see the world though someone else's eyes.

$100 represents so much to a homeless person, that he/she is forced to endure this pain because of what the $100 brings.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are showing a complete inability to see the world though someone else's eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's American. What else do you expect?
Old 06-16-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are showing a complete inability to see the world though someone else's eyes. $100 represents so much to a homeless person, that he/she is forced to endure this pain because of what the $100 brings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no moral obligation to see through his eyes. I don't want to see through his eyes. I also have no moral obligation to give him anything. Do I give to charity? Yes. Do I think anyone that would do this is pretty [censored] up? Yes. But is it immoral? Not in my opinion.