Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's your play?
Call 2 10.00%
Fold 18 90.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: How big is your bankroll?

[ QUOTE ]
So where are the 8-tabling small stakes pro's? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
First TWP and now Xorbie saying they're not making all that much... it's too much for one day [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm still running at about 35PTBB/100 at NL100. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (OK, it's not over 100K hands...)
Old 06-15-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So where are the 8-tabling small stakes pro's? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

my graph
Old 06-15-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: better question

I found that I needed a larger bankroll in the old 50BB buy-in Party NL structure. Now with the 100BB buy in structure I feel pretty comfortable with 10 buy-ins. Before the changes I needed at least 20. With the old structure I had numerious -$1000 days. The most I have lost in a day since the changes has been around $400. I haven't played as much since March though.

The main thing is with the old structure is was much easier to get all the chips in (for better or worse). Now, in most cases getting all the chips in requires a raised pot, betting on the first two streets, and a raise on the flop or turn. Before a raised pot and one player betting out (and no raises) would pretty much do it. All ins don't happen as easily anymore, they now require some strategy and coaxing.

Passion.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First TWP and now Xorbie saying they're not making all that much... it's too much for one day [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually 4 table 25NL at stars and play either 2 tables of 50NL or 100NL 6 max on party. I make a good amount now, actually. It's just that I've only been playing for about three months and all the profit I previously made I basically pissed away.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, question for the 10.000+ voters: how come you're still playing small stakes? You certainly have the bankroll to move up in stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm confident that I'm a solid winner at NL 100. I haven't yet put in enough hours to be sure that I am a winner at higher levels. I think it is right to move up when I have the skills and confidence appropriate for trying the next level, not when I have the bankroll I'll need for it after I establish that I am a winner at that level.

By the way, most of my bankroll was not won playing NLHE. I also play limit, SNGs, MTTs, and other poker variants.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:22 AM

I voted +20k (I have 25,5k now) and i know I am playing at a level way below what my bankroll allows me (I play 0,5/1 6max NL at Party and fixed 5/10 SH at party, 2/4 and 3/6 fixed SH at Pokerstars, 3/6 fixed SH at Ultimatebet, 3/6, 4/8 and 5/10 fixed SH at Ladbrokes and 4/8, 5/10 and some 10/20 fixed 5max at Sportingbet).

There are a couple of reasons why I move up in limits a lot slower than my bankroll increases.

1) The bankroll has just increased "too fast". I'm not sure my play has improved as quickly as the bankroll has increased (I had 3,5K in bankroll in november). Sometimes I just feel like a fish (for example when I took a shot at the 3/6 NL tables at Party one month ago and lost over 2 quick buy ins with bad play - won small pots, lost the big ones)
2) 10k of my bankroll is prices from Step at Party and one big price from a 9th place (5500 dollar) in a big Norwegian land based weekend tournament.
3) I have not been very comfortable playing higher stakes (fortunately I have become a lot more comfortable the last months, but it is still an issue).

But my goal is to move up in limits in both fixed and NL. I just want to make sure I actually can beat the higher limits.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:54 AM

My BR ~ $6k....

I play 50c/$1 with a couple of $1/$2 thrown in.....When I get to $10k...I'll move up permanantly....

I'm gradually getting to a comfortable level and my tilt prone-ness has decreased massively....