Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Can I keep up a 210% ROI

[ QUOTE ]
"fad plays" such as the PVS

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how this move got called PVS, when you dumbasses only call it that cause you play so low that you don't realize that gamboholic has been pulling this move forever. BTW Gambool, I'm pretty sure youre gambohoolic so I figured i would welcome you to the board with this correction.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"fad plays" such as the PVS

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how this move got called PVS, when you dumbasses only call it that cause you play so low that you don't realize that gamboholic has been pulling this move forever. BTW Gambool, I'm pretty sure youre gambohoolic so I figured i would welcome you to the board with this correction.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, this abortion of a thread seems to be the perfect place to ask the abortion of a question I've been meaning to ask but never had the chance to.

1) What is the PVS?

2) What does PVS stand for?

I think I know the answer to #2.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I keep up a 210% ROI

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you can. You need to simply finish with the exact same distribution over infinity as you have over the past 300 SNGs or however many you have played.

[ QUOTE ]
Any of you guys have any clues of the play difference between the two levels?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. The 20s are slightly more difficult than the 10s due largely to the buyin being slightly more. You should therefore expect a slight decrease in ROI, probably down to 205% or so.

Each of these questions have blatantly obvious answers. Please try to come up with more insightful questions and / or comments for your next post. Maybe a HH or something...
Old 06-14-2005, 03:33 PM

PVS is a massive overbet all-in with crap cards designed to pick up the pot preflop after a few players have limped in.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PVS is a massive overbet all-in with crap cards designed to pick up the pot preflop after a few players have limped in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I pulled a PVS last night in a $109. Short stack with about 5BB (25/50 level) limped UTG. 2 others limped and I pushed my SB with J8. Two 8s on the flop drag me the pot. I think that might have been one of the worst plays I've made in an SNG in a long time.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:45 PM

It's from Phil Van Sexton.

He likes doing it in level 3 or 4 to pick up some blinds early so he comes with a little more muscle into round 5-ish and toward the bubble.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I pulled a PVS last night in a $109. Short stack with about 5BB (25/50 level) limped UTG. 2 others limped and I pushed my SB with J8. Two 8s on the flop drag me the pot. I think that might have been one of the worst plays I've made in an SNG in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, PVS stands for "Phil Van Sexton," the poster.

I believe that PVS was added in SNG FAQ v2's definitions list, if you can find that. However, I think that the above poster's statement that the play should be a "massive overbet" is incorrect. From what I understand, it's attempting to pick up a pot preflop that has no strength shown into it thus far, specifically when the pot would be of real use to your stack size, or when your stack size is comfortably large enough to take the gamble that you might be called by one of the limping stacks (they don't need to limp necessarilly to show no strength).

And yes, I believe the problem lately has been exactly that the "every now and then" has become "every third post."
Old 06-14-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is going to be fun

[/ QUOTE ]

mindreader ;-)
Old 06-14-2005, 05:23 PM

This is a very, very, very lame joke...in case this is isnt a joke youre the biggest idiot ever.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:29 PM

It's not the PVS so much anymore, but rather the stop-and-go threads taking over. I'd say 1/10 of these posts actually HAS a stop-and-go in it though. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]