Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: WHAT THE F*** explain this one..????????

Come on guys, you all need to accept the fact that very good players make very bad plays sometimes. Gigabet made a bad read and even if his read were correct he would still have to beat a better hand with Q-3o. He is a big dog 70-30 to any pocket pair above 22 and also a big dog to any hand with a Q in it. against A or K high type hands his advantage is very slight to nothing. If your looking to justify a play here look at the play toulamax made. Toulamax’s read was spot on that limping with KK would get action from an over aggressive big stack.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I often think that in the future, when people post Gigabet related hand histories, they should consider doing so without revealing that the player in question is Giga. I think people spend so much time bending over backwards to find even the smallest of reasons that a play is good when they know it's him, and they might tear it to shreds otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on. He is very creative and manages to win with the worse hand much more often than I do for sure. But of course he makes mistakes.

For example he has managed to go to the final table as chipleader in two straight live tournaments only to bust out very early. Of course it could just be down to bad luck but it could also be indicative of weaknesses in his play (wanting to do too much with big stack, taking hands too far when the actions of the other player should tell him not to etc). That he makes it to the final table as chipleader tells us what we already know. He is excellent working the bubble and exploiting hesitation in his opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as busting out "very early", 3rd is not "very early", and 7th isn't really either.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on guys, you all need to accept the fact that very good players make very bad plays sometimes. Gigabet made a bad read and even if his read were correct he would still have to beat a better hand with Q-3o. He is a big dog 70-30 to any pocket pair above 22 and also a big dog to any hand with a Q in it. against A or K high type hands his advantage is very slight to nothing. If your looking to justify a play here look at the play toulamax made. Toulamax’s read was spot on that limping with KK would get action from an over aggressive big stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading in further, I think there is a very real chance that Gig KNEW Tolumax might be big, but was hoping maybe AK, because he DOES make spite plays all the time. Good for his "Don't F with me" image.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:59 AM

I was watching this one, and did not understand it either. My thoughts are that Giga is an extreme luckbox and knew he would suck out on his opponents, just like he did on the bubble to Rojosox.

5 handed blinds like 100-200, or something, and Rojosox, who had played like 1 hand, pushes Giga's BB from the SB. Rojo has about 850 chips, and Giga insta calls with 4-2 off. Rojo flips over AQ, and Giga proceeds to spike a 4.

I do not think it was a bad call, he had the chips to make the call, like 5K, but man is he a luckbox. And again he is sending a clear message that he will call any attempt at stealing his blinds.

Raptor, I went to bed after Rojosox got knocked out, did Gigbet end up winning this?
Old 06-10-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I often think that in the future, when people post Gigabet related hand histories, they should consider doing so without revealing that the player in question is Giga. I think people spend so much time bending over backwards to find even the smallest of reasons that a play is good when they know it's him, and they might tear it to shreds otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on. He is very creative and manages to win with the worse hand much more often than I do for sure. But of course he makes mistakes.

For example he has managed to go to the final table as chipleader in two straight live tournaments only to bust out very early. Of course it could just be down to bad luck but it could also be indicative of weaknesses in his play (wanting to do too much with big stack, taking hands too far when the actions of the other player should tell him not to etc). That he makes it to the final table as chipleader tells us what we already know. He is excellent working the bubble and exploiting hesitation in his opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as busting out "very early", 3rd is not "very early", and 7th isn't really either.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3rd is ok, but 7th out of 8 when you go in as chipleader is definately very early.

Anyway, this discussion is useless since some people feel he makes a great play no matter how much a dog he ends up as or how much his read is off.

Read what NUTZREALBIG said about this specific player and his limps. It is possible that Gigabet didn't know this about this player. Then it is just a result of not enough hands against this guy. If he did know this player limps with monsters with less than 10xBB this play is downright poor.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:24 PM

I dunno...this whole play is extremely read dependant on tolumax. I have no knowledge of this player (and not sure many others do) so....meh.

Also, I bet Giga doesn't mind losing the 1k chips as much as most people might think if it is one of the (hopefully rare times) tolumax is limping a monster....obviously Giga can't make this play if tolumax only limps monsters on level 4 here.

Also, he almost surely had a feeling that he'd pair up both of his cards on this hand. He's omniscient you know, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 06-10-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was watching this one, and did not understand it either. My thoughts are that Giga is an extreme luckbox and knew he would suck out on his opponents, just like he did on the bubble to Rojosox.

5 handed blinds like 100-200, or something, and Rojosox, who had played like 1 hand, pushes Giga's BB from the SB. Rojo has about 850 chips, and Giga insta calls with 4-2 off. Rojo flips over AQ, and Giga proceeds to spike a 4.

I do not think it was a bad call, he had the chips to make the call, like 5K, but man is he a luckbox. And again he is sending a clear message that he will call any attempt at stealing his blinds.

Raptor, I went to bed after Rojosox got knocked out, did Gigbet end up winning this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ugh, you clearly didnt catch the action as it happened, because Gigabet pushed from the button with 2-4o and rojo called on the bb with A9o and giga hit a 4.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:45 PM

alcohol
Old 06-10-2005, 12:57 PM

I had 4 other tables going, I will look at the HH again, but do not think he pushed from the button, because ROJOSOX had two players between him and GIGA. A9 could be right, and he definitely hit his 4.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had 4 other tables going, I will look at the HH again, but do not think he pushed from the button, because ROJOSOX had two players between him and GIGA. A9 could be right, and he definitely hit his 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

gig pushed from the button, rojosox autocalled from the bb with A9o. thats how it played out. holla