Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Asking for it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do feel a little taken for granted here,

[/ QUOTE ]

In chick world, this is exactly what she is feeling, guaranteed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep good point. How would you resolve this?
Old 06-05-2005, 10:50 PM

Either spend every waking moment of the weekends with her, or find another girlfriend. It doesn't matter to her that what she was doing was shoe shopping. It was the 'being together' part she wanted. You're thinking like a dude.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Angry Woman

If a woman is mad at you for not spending enough time with her, I don't think this a major problem in the general scheme of things. Handle it how you want, but the bottom line is... She just can't get enough of the Bluffoon.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:02 AM

anything else >>>>>>>> shoe shopping

[ QUOTE ]
i consider the people who post to these forums in general to be intelligent and a good source of diverse opinions which are worthy of consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 06-06-2005, 12:19 AM

I smell jealous insecure woman here.

Lawrence
Old 06-06-2005, 01:25 AM

He thinks: I'd rather go to AC than shop for shoes.

She thinks: He'd rather go to AC than be with me.

No wonder there are so many divorced poker players.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:32 AM

I agree with your thinking
Old 06-06-2005, 01:46 AM

ChipWrecked is right.

You should have talked this out before leaving. Just say something like, "I'm really not in the mood for shoe shopping. How about we get breakfast together, you get your shoes and I'll go to AC and we'll meet back up for dinner?" Is this really so hard?

Did you say you left while she was in the shower? That's a little passive aggressive or something. You knew she was upset when you left and you didn't call her while you were out "just to say I love you" or bring home flowers or anything? Really, you need to brush up on your g/f skills.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:02 AM

Don't get me wrong bro, I'm not Dr. Phil or anything. You just have to decide what your priority is, your gf or poker, because it's a very, very rare woman who is willing to take the back seat. How many guys at the last table you sat at were divorced?

It's like the cook Bolivar in 'Lonesome Dove' said, "A wife is like a knife. You have to stroke her every night."

Truer words were never spoken.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ChipWrecked is right.

You should have talked this out before leaving. Just say something like, "I'm really not in the mood for shoe shopping. How about we get breakfast together, you get your shoes and I'll go to AC and we'll meet back up for dinner?" Is this really so hard?

Did you say you left while she was in the shower? That's a little passive aggressive or something. You knew she was upset when you left and you didn't call her while you were out "just to say I love you" or bring home flowers or anything? Really, you need to brush up on your g/f skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

We did talk about it before I left and she copped an attitude right away. I gave her a kiss before I left and she wasnt responsive. I could have called her but I didnt want to get into a fight. I figured we could talk about it in the am and hopefully she would have relaxed a little but when I tried she wasnt interested so I gave her some space.

You guys are right about her feeling I didnt want to be with her. I didnt see that at all. Very guylike and un-empathetic of me. I didnt see what the big deal was and was a little blindsided by her reaction.

This will be a good starting point when (If haha) she decides she wants to talk about it. I think I can make her feel like she is wanted and loved and still reserve my right to not go shoe shopping if I dont want to. Good test anyway. I will see if she is reasonable or if she just wants to keep me on a leash.

See all you doubters I knew I could get good advice at OOT.