Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Chrome, Clarkmeister and inducing a 3-bet (lc)

I think the arguement here is that his Clark comment suggested that he thought I was betting a non flush, therefore there were two ways of looking at his raise:

1 It could represent a total bluff, in which case I should call since he wouldnt call my 3bet anyway.

2. He has a real hand and is hoping that I raise, in which case I should clearly call as well.

Now I dont think we can totally dicount him calling my 3bet with a J T 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. We can look at it a level deeper, and say that once he established me as a 2+2er, he would think that I would think that he would auto fold to a 3bet with a mid diamond, and therefore he might be more likely to call me out on another bluff.

Ive of course thought of all this since its happened, not in the 2 seconds before I clicked the raise button. I do agree that given the circumstances calling it a total donk bet may be a little harsh, but I think its also established that a call would have been the correct play.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Chrome, Clarkmeister and inducing a 3-bet (lc)

[ QUOTE ]
Me give g00t sucky sucky.

Why did you lead the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you CALL the flop??