Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2003, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Awful Roy Cooke article - what am I missing?

Graham,

See my response above to Ulysses. You guys are right, I was wrong, and thank you for the trouble you went to.

You wrote: ”btw, i think my analogy was correct. Tell your mum to get one of those little picker-upper things with jaws that park keepers sometimes use to pick up small bits of trash. She'll get the pennies with less EV loss to your sanity.

My most vivid memory of my Mom picking up a penny took place a few years ago when I went back East (Newport, R.I.) to visit. Mom and Dad took my brother and I out to this fancy French restaurant in downtown Newport. It was off=season so we were able to park across the street (Newport is not big on valet parking but it should be). We were all dressed up and while crossing the street my Mom spots a penny and picks it up. I of course went into my “penny versus cost of chiropractor rant.” The “little picker-upper things with jaws” would of looked funny in the restaurant, especially with those dainty little tables French restaurants favor.

Now that I’ve gotten older and wiser (and since Mom just turned 75), I’m going to ask her to point out the penny and let me pick it up when I’m with her.

Regards,

Rick