Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Why Do You Care If Is Rigged Or Not

Just coming off 300BB downswing in 15/30
Old 05-27-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: A Discussion regarding Online Poker is Rigged (long)

Why are so may people not willing to accept the fact that internet poker could be rigged? I am not saying it is, I play online, and would not play if i though i was being cheated, but it would be interiorly possible for poker companies to rig the game to there favor. That’s all the original poster wanted to convey and discuss.

Now as for the conspiracy theorist moron who wrote posted this:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what can we ... do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Link

[/ QUOTE ]

My eyes are actually bleeding after reading that piece of crap!

You are the reason it is difficult to have a serious discussion on anything on this site. Just STFU! Freemason's and the NEW WORLD ORDER rig poker lol, and 72 the best hand on the net because of tilt implied odds. (quite possibly the single most retarded thing ive ever heard) I would take the time to refute all the arguments made in that doc, but I am just gonna take it as sarcasm, cause my head might explode if you were serious.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just coming off 300BB downswing in 15/30

[/ QUOTE ]

If its not short handed, i have never heard of such a horrible swing by a winning player. OUCH!

And Why are you so defensive of internet poker? This is a discuss of reasons why or why not a company woul rig internet poker. Where not saying its rigged, just a discussion. If internet poker was exposed as rigged tomorrow wouldnt it be to your benefit?
Old 05-27-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
( Like Jacks and 7's many times flop or show up on the board together at Party Poker).

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, don't those stars up there look a lot like Orion, the Hunter?

The human mind is so good at noticing patterns that it will often notice patterns that aren't there at all.

I'm curious -- when you were "Helen Keller winning", were the sites rigged at that point? Or was it only when you were flipped into distribution mode by cashing out?

(As for the general question, "Are the sites rigged?" It's obviously a matter of faith: It's a useful construct to me to believe that they aren't, because nobody's given any reason that convinces me that they would have the capability, desire, or development dollars necessary for such a thing. It's a useful construct for others to believe that their recent 300BB downswing is because the cards are stacked against 'em. For a number of reasons, both technical and social, there will never be a definitive answer to the question. Of course, that won't stop Humanities majors from writing hundred-page theses on the topic.)
Old 05-27-2005, 08:00 PM

hmmmmm

Why is it that all your supporters have a limited number of posts.

maybe the forum is rigged,

yep i didn't read your post

If poker is rigged I don't care because I am winning.

oh yeah what does playing in the style of 2+2 mean?

(I did read a little but then got bored)

Dink
Old 05-27-2005, 08:06 PM

Read my responses to this post and my post earlier today on same topic.I am objective enough to explore all possiblities unlike a lot of other respondents
Old 05-27-2005, 08:07 PM

Party Poker is poised to become the number one purveyor of the new American past-time. None of the major poker rooms are interested in doing ANYTHING that could make them look less than 150% on-the-level because we are at a point in time where Poker as a sport has a good chance of actually "going legit" and lining these people's pockets -- and the pockets of their children -- for many years to come.

I personally believe it's possible from a software standpoint to rig the game, and don't think for a second that we might not hear about some fly-by-night poker room with 700 players at peak hours being busted for these sorts of shenanigans.

But the majority of the major poker sites are owned by people who took the internet boom and merged it with a somewhat rogue industry and have since watched it become something that might become as legal, and popular as other American sports.

If legislation was passed to ensure the legality of online poker (which I'm sure is a possible use for the IPO dollars), than the future revenue from a company such as Party Poker or Poker Stars would dwarf anything they have made in the past 5 years...nevermind some scam that involves letting AT LEAST a dozen or so coders and employees in on you highly illegal practices.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:11 PM

Did you read the original post? I tried lay out possibilities of why's for each of these questions. Also I tried to address the "so complicated to rig" statement. Let me know what about the original post lacks at least enough to make you wonder.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:05 PM

Awful lot there. Nice post.

The #1 reason few here can critically entertain the idea of a major site cheating is cognitive disonance. To think they have been cheated is not possible. That would make them some sort of sap and that idea will never get a chance to take root.

Most of your major points have been put forward by myself in tha past few years. The reponse is mostly cat calls and derision. I'm OK with that. My eyes are open.

Regarding design and execution of an experiment to determine site shuffle cheating there are many big problems. First, consider your goal. To attempt to discredit a major site is dangerous to the point of risking your life. The stakes are high indeed. Second, consider what you'd do with the information. I can't really imagine a way to profit from it except blackmail. Again, potentially life-threatening.

I could go on all night on this topic but since it's Friday during the fishy hours that would be -EV
Old 05-27-2005, 09:10 PM

Just coming off a 200BB upswing