Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: I want to like them but

Yes. Well actually, they have just ignored me, but they told my affiliate that I was out of luck. I figure it is costing me $2/hr. It is too bad, because it is not in-line with the effort they seem to making towards you. It wouldn't take anything for them to connect me to my intended affiliate. I continue to play there around 30/hrs a week, so I wish they would reward my loyalty.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Absolute putting forth the effort

it's the whole computer that slows down.
typing the e-mail to AP while I was playing was actually kind of difficult.

even if i don't have any other processes running it becomes a problem.
If I try to play on AP and party at the same time it becomes EXTREMELY sluggish.

I didn't know you could alt-tab between programs.

right now I'm playing on stars and it says I have 60 processes running. CPU usage varying from 7-12%.

I haven't noticed what this is when I have AP running.

I'm playing elsewhere right now and can't afford to open AP to check.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: I want to like them but

If you don't use IE it's pretty easy to screw up. Asking Tech Support for help is a waste of time. You and your affiliate need(ed) to deal with CS.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:42 AM

Default rakeback screw up ?

Question: Are you people dealing with tech support or CS?
Old 05-18-2005, 03:05 AM

Bob,

What I told a rep this afternoon, was that if they had Hand Histories saved directly to the hard drive, I would pretty much increase my play 100%.

Right now I think I log 2000-2500 a month usually weekend days playing 2 tables short-handed. If ther hand history thing was straightened out. I would probably end up playing closer to 4500 hands a month there. (I am basing this estimate off of how often I play PokerStars, although with my rakeback deal at Absolute, I would probably intentionally force more hands through.

As it is right now it is a little too much fumbling around to play my normal game there with other sites open. I have to request HH every 10min manually, then since I am usually playing UB at the same time, I have to also manually tell PokerTracker to download the histories (the auto-import is tied up monitioring the hard drive histories from UB and PS). These are 2 extra steps I don't need when I am playing alot of hands.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:47 AM

I play almost exclusively at Absolute. I guess it fits me. I've played at Party, UB, Empire, and GamesGrid, and even with its quirks, Absolute feels like the best fit for me.

Having said that, there are some things that they really need to address. They are, in no particular order:

1. Don't embed images in the executable. This should make the software run faster, as well as give the end user the ability to modify the appearance of the window.

2. Make the carpet a solid background. Forget the pattern, it's too busy.

3. Allow the option to globally turn off all user icons.

4. Allow the option to globally turn off the chairs and tables.

5. Allow for 4 tables instead of 3.

6. Save hand histories to the hard drive.

7. Find a computer with a 700mHz processor and 128 megs of RAM. Make the software run on that computer, 4-tabling. If it'll run on that, it'll run on most anything.

8. I play tourneys, almost exclusively, and I've noticed that the SNG listings are usually out of date. It'll be showing a table with 3 people, but when I try to join, the table is already full. Perhaps updating the table listings could be faster and more accurate?

At least the interface at Absolute isn't as butt-ugly as the one at GamesGrid. Good Lord! I tried to play there, but the interface was so ugly that I actually got mad while I played!

It's good to hear that Absolute is doing something to try to address the problems that folks have with their site. It sounds like ultimately, the speed of the client is going to be the big speed-bump that they have to get past. Coming from an industry where software performance is one of the utmost considerations, it baffles me how they could let such laggy software go. I run a Presario 3gHz 64-bit laptop with 512 of RAM, and while I've never had Absolute completely lock up, I do notice a lag sometimes when I click a button and it takes 5 seconds for the action to take place.

I think they're on the right track, and to be honest, I'd be willing to help them out for free, since I love playing there and want to see them grow. My knowledge of PC-based programming is so limited, though, that they would be getting exactly what they paid for. I can give suggestions, though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2005, 10:15 AM

Just having the option to turn off a bunch of graphics could be quite useful. For example, how much resources does the timer in the bottom right tie up?

I agree that resource hogging is the biggest issue at absolute (the 9 player limit is the second biggest issue).

Also, what is the deal with the multiple popups? If I click on waiting list, I get 3 popups, including popups that tell me I'm already on the waiting list the moment I sign onto that waiting list. And when I sit at a table, I don't need a message that I am now off of that waiting list, that is self-evident from my sitting at the table.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:45 AM

I say each and every one of us pastes the link to this thread in an email and sends it to them.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5. Allow for 4 tables instead of 3.

6. Save hand histories to the hard drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

These alone would bring me back. The rest are all excellent suggestions and there is no reason why Absolute couldn't be a monster force in the industry.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with 512 of RAM, and while I've never had Absolute completely lock up, I do notice a lag sometimes when I click a button and it takes 5 seconds for the action to take place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, one more step. 256 is a lockup waiting to happen, 512 runs, but still lags, 1gig runs fine just slow.

AP is worse than M$ crap for being a resourse hog.